Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool gamesmanship

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
During half time tonight, the groundstaff cleared all the surface snow from the half Liverpool would be attacking for the 2nd half, but NOT the half Leicester were attacking - presumably with the assumption that most of the 2nd half would take place in the Leicester half, and a non-snowy pitch to attack would give Liverpool a slight edge.

As it happened, thats not quite how the 2nd half played out, Leicester probably should have won. I SO MUCH wanted a bindipping defender to have another famous and costly "slip" though. What a glorious slice of Karma that would have been.

Also nice seeing them missing out to a legitimate pen due to past dubious indiscretions.

Enjoyed tonight.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
It didn't work. However, I would like to see Liverpool win the league against Oil Fc this season. I did grow up in an era when Liverpool were the team to beat, and were winning 4 European cups between 1977-1984. So that was great memories from my youth.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
could the ref have not ordered them to clear that end also and held the game up until they did.

No different to a part of the pitch being icy from the shadow of a stand whilst the rest of it is thawed, different pitch conditions / sections do happen. Liverpool went to play a snide with it tonight though, and I'm happy it didn't pay off.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Would be delighted if they blew the title

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It didn't work. However, I would like to see Liverpool win the league against Oil Fc this season. I did grow up in an era when Liverpool were the team to beat, and were winning 4 European cups between 1977-1984. So that was great memories from my youth.

Oh god no. I'm sorry, but there are just too many gobby plastic bindippers in this territory, not to mention the oceans of overly mawkish sentimental scousers and unbearable media narrative that would cream themselves over a Liverpool title win. FFS, they only have to play Sturm Graz under the lights at Anfield in a preliminary Europa League nobody-gives-a-shit Thursday night BOREFEST for every broadcaster, redtop and broadsheet to declare it some kind of Legendary Anfield Event (c).

Everyone in the country who does NOT "support" Liverpool has got it dead right. They would be unbearable. City fans would just shrug. Which is a bit sad, but its far easier to handle than a brigade of so-called "reds" down here who've never been within a hundred miles of Anfield giving it the biggun. That 'Brighton Kop' has got a LOT to answer for, and I'd begrudge them every ounce of their faux-joy.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
No different to a part of the pitch being icy from the shadow of a stand whilst the rest of it is thawed, different pitch conditions / sections do happen. Liverpool went to play a snide with it tonight though, and I'm happy it didn't pay off.

It is different though isn’t it

I can’t believe that was allowed to happen, all very Sunday League.

Liverpool decided to give themselves an advantage in the second half, nothing to do with shadows of stands like lower leagues get.

What’s next for a second half advantage?

Spread a light sprinkling of manure in the defensive penalty area
Release a horde of moles in the opposition attacking half
Double the size of the lines of the attacking penalty area
Reduce the floodlights shining on the defensive half
Leave the grass long in the first half but then mow the attacking penalty area at half time

FA need to take a look at Liverpool’s actions.
But oh....
It’s the FA

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Oh god no. I'm sorry, but there are just too many gobby plastic bindippers in this territory, not to mention the oceans of overly mawkish sentimental scousers and unbearable media narrative that would cream themselves over a Liverpool title win. FFS, they only have to play Sturm Graz under the lights at Anfield in a preliminary Europa League nobody-gives-a-shit Thursday night BOREFEST for every broadcaster, redtop and broadsheet to declare it some kind of Legendary Anfield Event (c).

Everyone in the country who does NOT "support" Liverpool has got it dead right. They would be unbearable. City fans would just shrug. Which is a bit sad, but its far easier to handle than a brigade of so-called "reds" down here who've never been within a hundred miles of Anfield giving it the biggun. That 'Brighton Kop' has got a LOT to answer for, and I'd begrudge them every ounce of their faux-joy.

I think fans of ANY team who hadn't won the league ever/for ages/since the invention of football with the PL would be 'unbearable' – or just ecstatic, to some :shrug: Don't have a problem who wins it – what difference does it really make? – unless it's the Albion, obvs...

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Liverpool decided to give themselves an advantage in the second half, nothing to do with shadows of stands like lower leagues get.

Leave the grass long in the first half but then mow the attacking penalty area at half time

But oh....
It’s the FA

I suppose if the fans are allowed to stand five deep for half a mile and rain over a thousand assorted missiles ( mainly bottles and bricks ) on an opposition coach and receive minimal punishment, then clearing the half of snow they are going to attack is fair game. Nothing, of course was done or will be done.
Liverpool get the ' kid-glove ' treatment from everybody and in return we get this sense of self-entitlement and a boorish arrogance, particularly from the armchair brigade, that leaves all neutrals thinking...." Oh God, please not them "

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I think fans of ANY team who hadn't won the league ever/for ages/since the invention of football with the PL would be 'unbearable' – or just ecstatic, to some :shrug: Don't have a problem who wins it – what difference does it really make? – unless it's the Albion, obvs...

[MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] has got this one right. Liverpool fans are unbearable at the best of times as they somehow believe it is only the kop that can create an atmosphere. They also believe they are the only fans to have a drought of success that still contains a Champions League trophy they fluked. Watching them throw this away would be highly amusing.

As for your point, I live in the Midlands but haven't met an unbearable Leicester fan following their title win.

I'm team city all the way.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

But oh....
It’s the FA

Don’t know what everyone’s moaning about, when I used to play football at Ruckinge the home captain always picked the goal to defend that was covered in sheep shit, so I had to roll around in that for 45 minutes. I never did understand why the sheep only did their business at one end of the pitch though! :flounce:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

It makes a difference to the ' older brigade ' who had it rammed down their throats for 25 years. An older brigade who remember us playing Liverpool in the old second division, late 50's/early 60's. From the mid 60's it was year after year of pretty classless arrogance and one title win and it will all start all over again. A lot of us have revelled in their failure to win the top flight for 29 years because it suppresses the gloating.
I am willing City to win it but I fear the worst.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I like Jurgen Klop
s
I love his enthusiasm, I love his interviews and I love the style of football he plays; however the people of the city often rubs off on the Manager of their Club.

So I would imagine he is probably on about £4m a year salary but can't help but think he is probably also claiming £150 pw housing benefit from DWP

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] has got this one right. Liverpool fans are unbearable at the best of times as they somehow believe it is only the kop that can create an atmosphere. They also believe they are the only fans to have a drought of success that still contains a Champions League trophy they fluked. Watching them throw this away would be highly amusing.

As for your point, I live in the Midlands but haven't met an unbearable Leicester fan following their title win.

There’s some very bitter people on this site. Do you really care about it this much?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I know plenty of Liverpool fans who are lovely people and would have no problem if they win it. Just like I wouldn't if Manchester City won it, Spuds, Chelsea or anyone. Why would I? Makes no odds to me, in the grand scheme of things.

I used Easy's interpretation of the word 'unbearable' alongside 'ecstatic' which is probably what they were.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Totally disagree with you.

It would be rammed down our throats by the press in a way it would not be with any other club. Hillsborough would be constantly brought up along with loads of scousers crying as their beloved club won the title for the first time in 30 years.

The press still give them a really easy time as a result of Hillsborough (Heysel anyone?) and this would just give them another excuse to right a wrong that happened 30 years ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know plenty of Liverpool fans who are lovely people and would have no problem if they win it. Just like I wouldn't if Manchester City won it, Spuds, Chelsea or anyone. Why would I? Makes no odds to me, in the grand scheme of things.

I used Easy's interpretation of the word 'unbearable' alongside 'ecstatic' which is probably what they were.

Same here. I have been to Liverpool many times and always found the fans a decent and welcoming bunch. I also know a number of Scousers and they’re lovely people.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Totally disagree with you.

It would be rammed down our throats by the press in a way it would not be with any other club. Hillsborough would be constantly brought up along with loads of scousers crying as their beloved club won the title for the first time in 30 years.

The press still give them a really easy time as a result of Hillsborough (Heysel anyone?) and this would just give them another excuse to right a wrong that happened 30 years ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only reason I’m replying to this is to show my objection.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Same here. I have been to Liverpool many times and always found the fans a decent and welcoming bunch. I also know a number of Scousers and they’re lovely people.

I know some lovely peple from Liverpool too and I like them a lot but Boy there is also a lot I come across who have a ''why me'' mentality and they could cause a fight or arguement with ''Casper the Ghost''

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here