Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It was nowhere near as close as penalties , seriously.

Look, disliking the Tories (or this particular government ) is one thing, but seriously thinking that Jeremy Corbyn as the British PM with Dianne Abbot as Home secretary is a better alternative?

Scarier than Trump that thought is.
Of course it was penalties. The Tories have had to bribe the DUP and are scared stiff of doing anything too contraversial for fear it gets voted down. It's a far cry from the manifesto.

In your opinion, Corbyn is a lot worse than what we have now, fine.

But that wasn't the point I was responding to. The point I was responding to was that Corbyn was bad for Labour's chances.

Yet 6 weeks of being exposed to the public with neutral(ish) broadcast media coverage saw him close a 20 point poll lead to virtually nil. So even if there's this wave of Labour voters not voting for him (which is mightily overblown imo) they were replaced better than like for like compared to 2015.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Of course it was penalties. The Tories have had to bribe the DUP and are scared stiff of doing anything too contraversial for fear it gets voted down. It's a far cry from the manifesto.

In your opinion, Corbyn is a lot worse than what we have now, fine.

But that wasn't the point I was responding to. The point I was responding to was that Corbyn was bad for Labour's chances.

Yet 6 weeks of being exposed to the public with neutral(ish) broadcast media coverage saw him close a 20 point poll lead to virtually nil. So even if there's this wave of Labour voters not voting for him (which is mightily overblown imo) they were replaced better than like for like compared to 2015.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yes I agree he did do better than expected, but this is the usual cycle of governments and elections. If the Tories were to win the next one they wont win the one after that, its just how these things work.

We'll have a period during the next Labour government of a nice big spend up, then we'll vote the mean Tories back in, then we'll tire of them and so on.

I think the moniker under my user name pretty much describes my thoughts on the British electorate. :smile:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
It's just sad when politics revolves around Donald Trump's Twitter feed.

Not just sad - it's deliberate. He knew what was coming (the Flynn-Mueller deal/charge) and wanted to create a distraction for his base.
The media falls for it every time. And then somehow it becomes a discussion about Corbyn is as bad as Britain First, or some such utter nonsense.

It's not about the tweeting.
It is about Russia.
And dark money.

Trump is dangerous becuse he's an idiot being manipulated by Putin and the US neo-Nazi's like Gorka and Bannon (who themselves have huge admiration for Putin). He is an avatar for the 'alt right' twats who see themselves in him - an arrogant, immature, ignorant, sexist, racist, overgrown frat boy who mistakes having been born into privilege with proof of superiority and entitlement

Meanwhile Corporate America think this is all just fine as long as they get their tax cuts
And the 'GOP' thinks its all just fine as long as they stay in 'power'

F*ck me what a mess.

Rant over

Hope we can sneak a draw tomorrow. I reckon we might.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So they know he was lying and he's gong to plead guility which means he's provided evidence to them, or they have him on tape.

F*cked!

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
So they know he was lying and he's gong to plead guility which means he's provided evidence to them, or they have him on tape.

F*cked!

BrianRoss on [MENTION=5724]abc[/MENTION] News Special Report: Flynn promised full cooperation to the Mueller team and is prepared to testify that candidate Trump "directed him to make contact with the Russians.” http://abcn.ws/2ixWHDL

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Don't they only cut deals if they can get someone higher up the chain? Only two higher...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Don't they only cut deals if they can get someone higher up the chain? Only two higher...
Those that get the first deals get the best deals.

I wonder what Pence is thinking about now ?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
This is going to be very interesting. Fascinating to see how Trump and his allies react as well - what's their next move, apart from saying that Flynn acted alone and that this isn't news?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
This is going to be very interesting. Fascinating to see how Trump and his allies react as well - what's their next move, apart from saying that Flynn acted alone and that this isn't news?

They'll probably come out and remind us about Hillary's emails and/or endorse some other right-wing nut jobs.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here