Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Justin Trudeau

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
being an old fart, I don’t understand cultural misappropriation.

It occurred to me that it is like someone pretending to be a culture they are not? Is that it?

One of my work colleagues was at a karioki bar in London last week and he likes to massacre all sorts of tunes. Anyway, he looked down the list and noticed that there was no bob Marley songs, or no reggae at all. He asked the guy running it where they all were and was told that due to cultural misappropriation, a young Afro carribean lady complained that white people shouldnt sing ina Jamaican accent as it fell foul of this?

I defy anyone to sing a bob Marley song in an English accent.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
People make errors of judgement when younger and I doubt he thought he would be Prime Minister when that age.

Wasn't that long ago Prince Harry dressed up as a Nazi for a party, we have all forgiven him now

Clearly his mixed race bride has.............(It was actually 14 years ago Beachy)

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Perhaps he used to identify as a black man. Has anyone explored this possibility?

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I am enjoying watching the wokest bloke in the world squirm. He doesn’t even know how many times he has blacked up.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Trudeau has been doing this "LOOK I LOVE ALL 87 GENDERS AND HATE RACISM"-shit to hide that he is very keen on taking a Bolsonaro approach to their environment and natural recources. Coming across as a ****ing saint by hugging peoples trendy perspectives while in the background destroying and burning everything, CLASSIC shit that history tells us always will work... because people are stupid.

Though the reasons are ridiculous, I'd be happy to see him fall.

I’m going to put you down as on the fence

Jan 30, 2008
The end of crazy week what with Sam Smith going plural, we now get the Primeminister of Canada pictured at a college fancy dress party 18 years ago, having to apologise to the world's media for 'an error of judgement'.

I doubt the rank and file Canadians really care, and would probably like Mr Trudeau to get on with more pressing matters like running their country.

How far back are the 'PC' police going to go?

I agree ,no one complains about people dressing like Elvis ?
Regards
DF

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I wonder how long Andrew Scheer and the Conservatives have had these images. It's very convenient that they've been released to the public just as the election campaigns get under way.

It was definitely a misguided thing to do, even 20 years ago, especially for someone launching a political career. I hope it doesn't have too much of an impact on the election though. I'm no huge Trudeau fan, but I really don't want to see the conservatives take back power. They won last year's Ontario provincial election and they've made big cuts to health and education budgets and really f***ed over a lot of people.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I sense that politically you are a little to the right. Do correct me if I am wrong.

You are wrong. Oldschool type of leftist though, more interested in class than in identity. But doesnt matter in this case: I'm just bothered by all these neo-left politicians who speaks highly of LGBT/race issues etc to look good while otherwise doing right wing-political decisions. The pipeline shit exposed his true colours.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
being an old fart, I don’t understand cultural misappropriation.

It occurred to me that it is like someone pretending to be a culture they are not? Is that it?

One of my work colleagues was at a karioki bar in London last week and he likes to massacre all sorts of tunes. Anyway, he looked down the list and noticed that there was no bob Marley songs, or no reggae at all. He asked the guy running it where they all were and was told that due to cultural misappropriation, a young Afro carribean lady complained that white people shouldnt sing ina Jamaican accent as it fell foul of this?

I defy anyone to sing a bob Marley song in an English accent.

As a lefty I also really do not get cultural appropriation, to me it actually goes against inclusivity and multi-culturalism. Surely the beauty of culture is being able to share and adopt. Cultural appropriation seems to take something and say only one group or race can use it and no one else can, not sure how that encourages diversity?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
There is that very fine line between banter and something else.

Some years ago the Albion were flying from Gatwick up to Manchester, and Leon Knight was, for what ever reason keen to get ahead of everyone else, and was jogging slowly in front of the main, one of his team mates then shouted "stop thief", to which a number of onlookers looked round and everyone found it hugely amusing.

If the same thing happened with Bong and one of his teammates, tomorrow at Gatwick would it still be deemed amusing, or looked upon as something far more sinister?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You are wrong. Oldschool type of leftist though, more interested in class than in identity. But doesnt matter in this case: I'm just bothered by all these neo-left politicians who speaks highly of LGBT/race issues etc to look good while otherwise doing right wing-political decisions. The pipeline shit exposed his true colours.

Maybe he’s non-binary...in the political sense?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Another middle-aged-men-struggling-with-the-modern-world thread?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Maybe he’s non-binary...in the political sense?

Quite. Expecting everybody to adopt either the accepted 'left' or 'right' position on EVERY topic, seems extremely simplistic. Nonsensical, in fact.

Why should someone automatically be an evangelistic environmentalist, just because they are a big advocate of LBGT rights? there is no connection between the two topics :shrug:

Why can't somebody be a racial equality campaigner, yet also hold a hard-right viewpoint on economic policy?

Expecting 'ALL RIGHT' or 'ALL LEFT' thinking, is schoolboy stuff.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
There is that very fine line between banter and something else.

Some years ago the Albion were flying from Gatwick up to Manchester, and Leon Knight was, for what ever reason keen to get ahead of everyone else, and was jogging slowly in front of the main, one of his team mates then shouted "stop thief", to which a number of onlookers looked round and everyone found it hugely amusing.

If the same thing happened with Bong and one of his teammates, tomorrow at Gatwick would it still be deemed amusing, or looked upon as something far more sinister?

Unfortunately, context and intent have no place in modern society.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Flex Your Head

I agree ,no one complains about people dressing like Elvis ?
Regards
DF

Remember when Price Harry went dressed as you, Das Reich?

Harry.PNG

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here