Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Valencia to visit Amex for pre-season friendly *** 7pm KICK OFF ***

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I was just enjoying the novelty of seeing us in the opposition half with the ball. All very strange, might take some getting used to.
I think we are all sadly blighted with our performance after Christmas when the goal had been to stay up at all costs. Any change to that edict will be a breath of fresh air

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I was impressed with the high level of concentration and combativeness throughout the match. I couldn't see any weak performances.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A bit of fun but still only a friendly
Of course, but maybe you get a sense of the formation and whether the players seem to know what they're doing, where they're supposed to be, where their teammates are supposed to be, who is supposed to be covering whom, and who is supposed to be making runs and when.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I was just enjoying the novelty of seeing us in the opposition half with the ball. All very strange, might take some getting used to.

It was nice that when we got into the opposition's half we didn't just leave the ball there and run back towards our goal. So that was a huge improvement.
That first half against Newcastle will haunt me for the rest of my days, and live on TV for the world to see.
Looking much better this evening I thought.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Except that Locadia was back to his usual lumbering self, despite having looked a bit better against Birmingham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First half he was good. Second pretty dreadful. Think he would score a hatful in the championship not sure he's premier quality. But you never know.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Except that Locadia was back to his usual lumbering self, despite having looked a bit better against Birmingham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha. We are all praying that we will see an improvement and indeed we did against a championship side. The proof of the pudding g

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Only a friendly and we played some nice stuff. Still concerns me that we don't create enough chances and we still desperately need a pacier version of Murray. Good signs though but will be a real test in the first 2 games of if we've progressed.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Good to see us forcing mistakes around the area, as we did at Birmingham. Comes with a risk - but at least opponents should know they’ve been in a game. Considering that you’d expect the changes Potter’s making to take a couple of months to bed in, he must be pretty happy with the progress.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Good to see us forcing mistakes around the area, as we did at Birmingham. Comes with a risk - but at least opponents should know they’ve been in a game. Considering that you’d expect the changes Potter’s making to take a couple of months to bed in, he must be pretty happy with the progress.
I hope that this season's survival is not based on there being three teams worse than us

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Post match thoughts vs Valencia

Trossard excellent. Very impressed.
Dan Burn had an exceptional game too.
Thought Locadia had a good first half, but faded in second.
Murray looked fit and up for it.
Solly did well in the wing back position and great cross for Duffy's goal.

All in all an encouraging performance. I like the new style of football we're playing.

Let's see how we do when the season kicks off.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The performance ‘looked’ good with the style of football being played but it really did take me back to the days of Poyet with defenders passing between themselves and the game not really going anywhere at times.

Can’t remember us having many shots; without the set-pieces, we’d have lost, no question. We looked somewhat devoid of attacking ideas and were slow on the break in the final third. However, I was really impressed with March, Trossard and Burn. Hopefully we will look like more of an attacking threat next week.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The crosses and corners that we have had so far are vastly improved from last season.
It's almost like they've been working on them. Whatever next?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here