Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Brighton Marathon - 10th Year !! 🏃*♂️

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Nothing like a good run to lift the mood. 4th time for me tomorrow and already signed up for next year.

Good luck to everyone taking part and huge admiration for all the volunteers along the way.

Hope to see some of you in the morning.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Was so pissed off this afternoon, on the way home, i dropped into the event village and signed up for next year to cheer myself up. 372 days to go, we have scored a goal by then.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Doing the bike ride tomorrow. Home, shower then back to watch the nutters who enjoy running

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good luck everyone and special shout outs to [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION], [MENTION=2422]Tony Meolas Loan Spell[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11716]penny’s harmonica.[/MENTION]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good luck everyone and special shout outs to [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION], [MENTION=2422]Tony Meolas Loan Spell[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11716]penny’s harmonica.[/MENTION]

Cheers mate. Already wide awake and trying to channel the adrenaline usefully by, er, surfing NSC.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Better channel that adrenaline or it will be another 40” for the first 5 miles. ��
Hard to think [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] is still running after starting at 8pm last night!.

Last edited:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Just a shout out for all the volunteers in the race village. Every single one I encountered yesterday was friendly and welcoming.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Was so pissed off this afternoon, on the way home, i dropped into the event village and signed up for next year to cheer myself up. 372 days to go, we have scored a goal by then.

Where is your station in New Church Road Marshall? Well done to you and all other volunteers. Wrap up warm.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Finished my “volunteering” stint on the first corner and see that [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] has just finished in a very good time. Hopefully the others have had good runs, too.

The bike ride wasn’t as scary as I thought it would be, thankfully.

Great turnout by the people of Brighton even in the first mile. Well done to our great city.

Oh, and somehow, I managed to clock up 12km while I was manning my single corner! Backwards and forwards with hay bales and barriers certainly mounts up!

Let’s do it all again next year. Looking forward to it already.

Last edited:

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Went down to watch at Shoreham Harbour, and it was so cold , well done to all concerned , did see one runner needing medical assistance hope he is ok , saw a few Albion flags being waved which cheered up the proceedings

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Fantastic atmosphere on church road by 19 miles...saw the good club runners about 23 miles.....some people running/ walking behind the 5 hours man with balloon looked in a bad way.

Did a bit of first aid/ yoga training to help out a lovely young lady to stretch out her quads. Poor thing was cramping quite badly but got her going again. Hope she managed to finish.

Full of admiration for everyone and especially the blind runners and their guides.....just inspirational.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Freezing cold on the bike ride this morning. Struggled to get warm. sub 2 hours with little training which was all I expected. Fun event, not the most exciting course and a few bottle necks but wonderful to ride the city without cars on the roads.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
How was it? Would be interested in some feedback as it looked good from my side of the fences.

Did it in two hours twenty. Obvs a very flat run so a real mix of serious bikers and fun riders.The start was a bit hap hazard so they will need to work on that plus quite narrow in places. Heard that some people missed going up round Preston park which was strange. All in all though quite laid back and good fun. Like the London to Brighton can only see it getting bigger!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Did it in two hours twenty. Obvs a very flat run so a real mix of serious bikers and fun riders.The start was a bit hap hazard so they will need to work on that plus quite narrow in places. Heard that some people missed going up round Preston park which was strange. All in all though quite laid back and good fun. Like the London to Brighton can only see it getting bigger!

How on earth did they miss out Preston Park?

Thanks for the intel. I will pass it back. Can you remember where it was too narrow?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here