Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
They were 3 really superb goals, Chelsea really do save them up for us.

But no corners and shots till the last 10 minutes is simply not good enough I’m afraid

Did they save them for us, or do we let them play like that?

First goal Knocky was completely flat voted against Hudson Odoi. The 2nd Hazard had so much time and space he was able to pick his spot and place it in the corner. The 3rd was a great hit right in the top corner, but again he had too much time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hard to believe after last night’s classy mauling of the Albion that Chelsea fans were screaming for Sarri to be sacked on Saturday. They looked as good as any team I’ve seen us play against, did our tactics allow them to be that good or were they just unplayable? I can’t decide.

All the players Sarri brought in looked in top form :down:

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Hard to believe after last night’s classy mauling of the Albion that Chelsea fans were screaming for Sarri to be sacked on Saturday. They looked as good as any team I’ve seen us play against, did our tactics allow them to be that good or were they just unplayable? I can’t decide.

All the players Sarri brought in looked in top form :down:

Is there not a common theme accruing, teams are in no form until they play us. Fulham have only won one game this year and suprise surprise it was against us .

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Is there not a common theme accruing, teams are in no form until they play us. Fulham have only won one game this year and suprise surprise it was against us .
Chelsea have lost one at home this season. They are one of the best home teams in the league.

They beat city 2-0 at home, so we were only 1 goal worse off !

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I think the difference recently for CFC is Loftus Cheek. Sarri had not used him much, but he is possibly the best CM/ACM beast in the PL right now. Can you imagine if our Academy stumbled over somebody with that talent and potential, and managed to develop them into something for top level? And, whilst I’m on it, Hudson Odoi. 18. Under Hughton he would be loaned out six times before reaching the age of 26, and only then finally trusted with pulling on a senior shirt....

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
My first away game since Fulham. I think I should stop going. Performance was 'meh' at best. Atmosphere in our little corner was good. Stewards came over a few times to tell people to calm down. Other than that, kept singing and bouncing all night.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If we had have won on Saturday, I wouldn't have been that fussed about such a routine Chelsea win last night. But in the circumstances, needing points still, it was very frustrating.

A lot is said on here about 'real fans don't leave early' but IMHO yesterday was a classic example where that is not necessarily true. I hate seeing them lose, always, but even more like that. I left after 80 minutes. The game was gone, and we hadn't even given it a go. Our fans are ironically singing 'we had a shot'. F**k that.

However really looking forward now to Saturday, will be a great day whatever the score.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I thought we were much improved until March went off until then we were very controlled and keep a good structure after that I thought we offered little going forward and became disjointed both Ali and Knocy did some good things but time and time both were guilty of trying to beat one player to many overall we were well beaten by three very good goals

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think the difference recently for CFC is Loftus Cheek. Sarri had not used him much, but he is possibly the best CM/ACM beast in the PL right now. Can you imagine if our Academy stumbled over somebody with that talent and potential, and managed to develop them into something for top level? And, whilst I’m on it, Hudson Odoi. 18. Under Hughton he would be loaned out six times before reaching the age of 26, and only then finally trusted with pulling on a senior shirt....

To be fair, he'd probably have suffered the same fate under Sarri except that he suddenly became a full England international and Sarri couldn't ignore his claims any more.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
To be fair, he'd probably have suffered the same fate under Sarri except that he suddenly became a full England international and Sarri couldn't ignore his claims any more.

possibly true but at Chelsea he is being kept out by £50 million pound stars ....

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Honestly don't understand what Kayal has done wrong, every game that he has played this season he has been one of our better performers and plays with some energy and bite. I know he can't deliver a killer pass but that is not everything especially if you have no one running for the ball.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Honestly don't understand what Kayal has done wrong, every game that he has played this season he has been one of our better performers and plays with some energy and bite. I know he can't deliver a killer pass but that is not everything especially if you have no one running for the ball.

What games have you seen this season? Very few I should imagine with a post like that.

Is there a player ratings thread, blind as a bat can't spot it

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm baffled that Kayal didn't get any minutes yesterday, meaning the midfield 3 are likely to have to play 3 games in a week. As said above, Kayal whilst fairly limited, always does a fairly solid job and certainly could've taken one of the 3 midfield spots last night. Baffled.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
What games have you seen this season? Very few I should imagine with a post like that.

I know I shouldn't feed a troll but ..... 25 games as listed below. To be honest the number of games is irrelevant if you don't take off the blinkers whilst watching. Against Millwall he was our best attacking option for the time he was on and that was not unique.

18/08/2018 15:00 Manchester United (h) yes
15/09/2018 15:00 Southampton (a) yes
22/09/2018 15:00 Tottenham Hotspur (h) yes
29/09/2018 15:00 Manchester City (a) yes
06/10/2018 15:00 West*Ham*United (h) yes
27/10/2018 15:00 Wolverhampton (h) yes
10/11/2018 15:00 Cardiff City (a) yes
24/11/2018 15:00 Leicester City (h) yes
01/12/2018 15:00 Huddersfield Town (a) yes
04/12/2018 19:45 Crystal Palace (h) yes
16/12/2018 13:30 Chelsea (h) yes
26/12/2018 17:15 Arsenal (h) yes
29/12/2018 15:00 Everton (h) yes
02/01/2019 19:45 West Ham United (a) yes
05/01/2019 fa cup 3rd round 12:00 A.F.C. Bournemouth (a) yes
26/01/2019 FA CUP fourth round yes
29/01/2019 19:45 Fulham (a) yes
02/02/2019 15:00 Watford (h) yes
09/02/2019 15:00 Burnley (h) yes
16/02/2019 FA CUP Fith Round yes
02/03/2019 15:00 Huddersfield Town (h) yes
09/03/2019 15:00 Crystal Palace (a) yes
17/03/2019 15:00 FA Cup 6th Round Millwall yes
30/03/2019 15:00 Southampton (h) yes
03/04/2019 19:45 Chelsea (a) yes

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
And what would you guess his price tag would be, if anyone tries to buy him?

£49.9 million....

Don't get me wrong I am all for playing young players , if you are good enough then your old enough. I would loved us to have retained Connolly and played him in first team also maybe one of the midfielders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here