Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jack Grealish

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
As well as the guy the club needs a hefty sanction. Whilst it was an individual action and obviously condemned by the club it happened on their watch a their ground and the signal needs to be sent out. Say 3 games behind closed doors

I'd ban their supporters from talking through their noses for the rest of the season

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hopefully natural justice will combine with social media and the loser will be out of a job and a home by the morning. Only way c***s will learn not to be c***s :wave:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hopefully natural justice will combine with sjcial media and the loser will be out of a job and out of a home by the morning :wave:

Think we will paying for his bed and board for a while

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
But why? That's like saying if you get robbed it's your fault for carrying something valuable and walking on the street with it.

Their stadium, their security, their responsibility. **** em. Message needs to get out

Btw we had a point deducted in our great escape of 1996-97, the authorities have form. I think points deductions should be avoided at least initially

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I notice that the club statement from Birmingham says: "What happened has no place in football or society. Jack is a Birmingham lad and regardless of club allegiance should not have been subjected to this - there are no excuses."
The implication seems to be that if he'd come from somewhere other than Birmingham, it would have been ok.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sussex ref Tim Robinson in charge of this one. Hope he's not shown to be out of his depth at the end of the match.

Indeed he is. A former PE teacher at the Weald School in Billingshurst. Has been somewhat card happy during his career in the Football Leage thus far.

Seem to remember him being involved in a controversial incident whilst reffing a match at the Amex in the early years. I can't recall what though.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Hopefully natural justice will combine with social media and the loser will be out of a job and out of a home by the morning. Only way c***s will learn not to be c***s :wave:

Rather he kept his job and home ... or the taxpayer will be funding one more ****!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Off topic. I would love us to sign Jack Grealish. Would suit our style perfectly. Brilliant player on the break

This.

Young English talent. Get him in

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Indeed he is. A former PE teacher at the Weald School in Billingshurst. Has been somewhat card happy during his career in the Football Leage thus far.

Seem to remember him being involved in a controversial incident whilst reffing a match at the Amex in the early years. I can't recall what though.

He was a rising star when I took up refereeing about ten years ago now. He was running the line in the Conference regularly by the time I gave it up.

I want to say he had a fair game, although he waved away a decent Brum penalty shout in the second half.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Birmingham City FC, EFL and the FL.
Put yourself in the shoes of each.
Birmingham City. I'd say the security looked good. Stewards literally every yard at the point the guy came from. If someone wants to get on then they will.
EFL. Just washed their hands already and passed it to the FL.
FL. Likely to fine the club. Sky pundits saying close the ground and points deduction, but then you're taking it out on the fans. I would be very aggrieved had someone punched Haha when he came over for that corner, why should I lose out on anything because of one person?
Solution. Fences will never come back, nor will barricades between the stand and the pitch. Hillsborough made sure of that. Cover the first three rows? Back again to Hillsborough or Bradford where there must be an exit from the stand. All seating stadium is one thing (I'm not sure Birmingham is all seated) but fans stand up.

How about stewards who can do the job properly?

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
PB seems to be particularly paranoid about something untoward happening at the Amex however remote the possibility. He seems, maybe with the best of intentions to extrapolate from something relatively minor happening to WW3. I can imagine he has already throught: what if that pitch invader had a knife; what if that happened at the Amex? An internal memo (of legendary length) has probably already been sent directing that the friendly pat-down we currently experience at the entrances to the Amex becomes just that little bit more comprehensive for the next home game.

The Amex will become the first stadium with 'airport-style' security before you know it!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
PB seems to be particularly paranoid about something untoward happening at the Amex however remote the possibility. He seems, maybe with the best of intentions to extrapolate from something relatively minor happening to WW3. I can imagine he has already throught: what if that pitch invader had a knife; what if that happened at the Amex? An internal memo (of legendary length) has probably already been sent directing that the friendly pat-down we currently experience at the entrances to the Amex becomes just that little bit more comprehensive for the next home game.

The Amex will become the first stadium with 'airport-style' security before you know it!

Yup, PB will be all over this by the morning for no good reason at all. Barber OUT!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean

If it stops one bellend trying to get in tooled up, it'll be worth it

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

PB’s next programme notes will mention:

“Events in the Birmingham Derby have served to reiterate that the safety of players, staff and fans will always be our primary duty of care. I make no apologies for this and thank the overwhelming majority of you for your support on the issue of safety. There is still very much a place for passion in football [just ask my 25 year old leggy PA :drool::love:], but channelled in the right direction.

Yours, Paul

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Water cannon is the answer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here