Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] [Boxing] Bellew Vs Usyk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
***Be Warned***

Click on this feed and tonight's fight will seem like a waste of money, irrespective of the outcome:-

[tweet]1061356411484098567[/tweet]

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
And the 3rd. Is a shock on the cards?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
No, I guess it isn't. Usyk is some fighter, once he works you out you are in trouble.

Bellew did better than I expected, a creditable performance. Not sure about Usyk versus the big heavyweights though, he took a few too many punches from a 35 year old who has only fought a busted David Haye in the last two years. If Joshua or Wilder lands those punches he is gone.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
***Be Warned***

Click on this feed and tonight's fight will seem like a waste of money, irrespective of the outcome:-

[tweet]1061356411484098567[/tweet]

It must be hard for the referee to see if they have got up from a count.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Many light heavies have tried the step up in the past going back to Willie Pastrano and Archie Moore but none have really been successful and today's heavies are a lot heavier than the likes of Rocky Marciano and Floyd Paterson were

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Many light heavies have tried the step up in the past going back to Willie Pastrano and Archie Moore but none have really been successful and today's heavies are a lot heavier than the likes of Rocky Marciano and Floyd Paterson were

Indeed. Until Cruiserweight became officially recognised in 1980, anyone over 12 and a half stone (the light heavy limit) was a heavyweight! Bob Fitzsimmons did alright moving up to heavyweight though!

macky

Dec 28, 2004

I think Evander Holyfield Might have something to say about that

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
All the lower ranked world titles none ever held the major ones. I also dont think Usyk will either.

David Haye was WBA Champion, Michael Moorer was WBA and IBF Champion.

What do you define as 'major' titles?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here