Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
"You are listening to Smooooooth Radio, the Brexit Station. Travel update...."

"I'm sorry to tell those that have requested them that East 17's 'Stay' and Chicago's 'If You Leave Me Now' are no longer on Smooooth's playlist. However, we've had 27 requests from all parts of Europe for the next song: Here's The Moody Blues and 'Go Now.'"

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes we can expect the usual chorus of condemnation. Notwithstanding the Supreme Court ruling this adds to the increasing weight of evidence that Johnson is a total and utter disaster (and disgrace) in the office. I know Remainers can be smug (there's a lot to be smug about), but some of us saw this coming. If anything the reality is worse than the expectations (and believe me these were as low as a caterpillar's shoe-laces).

I have to say, I didn't see this coming at all. I genuinely didn't see British justice working properly - it felt BoZo was untouchable. My feelings are simply that I'm relieved that he is being found out as a bullying liar and that it seems increasingly likely that he will get what he deserves.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
An article from the NYTimes on Dominic Cummings and his influence over Johnson.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/07/opinion/sunday/dominic-cummings-brexit.html

Where Mr. Cummings is a steely ideologue, Mr. Johnson doesn’t enjoy conflict; he wants power accompanied by endless applause. He never expected to have to expel senior members of his party; he expected them to be won over by his charm. He was humiliated by the scorn heaped on him in Parliament on Tuesday, where he was nervous and out of his depth. On Thursday came the most damning condemnation: His brother Jo Johnson, a moderate, resigned from the government, accusing Boris of damaging the national interest.

This was such a blow that sources close to the prime minister tell me that he cried when he heard the news. The speech he gave a couple of hours later, originally planned as the kickoff of an election campaign, was a delayed, confused and extraordinarily rambling mess.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Just for the record if I am alone at home I have Classic FM on but if wife is there she prefers the variety of music offered by Smooth FM. They have news bulletin every hour. This is just to explain to those who wish to ridicule the fact that it was mentioned on a Smooth Radio news bulletin.

BG1.jpg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What is the format to recall parliament should Boris decide? Is it just a matter of announcing it.

Maybe just a case of turning the sign over to OPEN on the door.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's big of him , it will be hard to have a pact with anyone once the courts have forced him to resign next week

Pretty brutal of him from this wording. It seems the Brexit supporters are falling out amongst themselves.

[tweet]1171757066068910080[/tweet]

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Johnson clearly laying the groundwork for a deal then. Why would they look to alienate the Brexit Party otherwise? Also interesting to name Arron Banks.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Just for the record if I am alone at home I have Classic FM on but if wife is there she prefers the variety of music offered by Smooth FM. They have news bulletin every hour. This is just to explain to those who wish to ridicule the fact that it was mentioned on a Smooth Radio news bulletin.

Smooth FM - Brexiteers station of choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here