Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Back the Babes

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, you can’t just feel it cant you? A group of women walk past and you immediately know they are all scoring you out of 10. I’m not sure how much longer I can put up with it before I become outraged. Similarly when they laugh at me when I’m in the supermarket looking for bread.

Sadly I’m past the rating age, they just ignore me. I’m fecking offended by that too

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh NSC :rolleyes: :lolol: I think it will take a while for this community to be able to get past its casual sexism.

I will join the OP in supporting the Ladies throughout this World Cup though, hopefully they can bring it home for England!

To be fair I think this thread started as post-sexist irony.

The rest, surely, is just harmless bantz.

:facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just finished Ben Elton's new novel which is based on this.

He's written a whole middle aged man's anxiety book about how he made some sort of gauche comment and instead of apologising he has decided to 'satirise' it in a made up world where everyone imagines offence over everything?

I think I'll give that book a swerve. Thanks for the heads-up :cheers:

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
...posting a picture of the team and rating each one of them based on their looks is just odd.

Agreed. But to be fair to [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] it's all we've got to go on as we can't see their norks, obvs.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m not particularly offended. In fact the main thing I take offence with is just how boring and predictable it was. Only missing a joke about them taking their tops off for the full set of jokes you’d expect an edgy 14 year old to make. It’s just boring isn’t it?

I just find it strange that this forum goes in to total meltdown if a nasty man on another teams forum makes a homophobic joke about our fans but sexism is fair game. This forum is an avalanche of snowflakes half the time, just think what is and isn’t a joking subject on here is a bit all over the place.

Brighton has lots of gay men. Their fans are gay = thick northern knuckle dragger.
Women playing football = funny because they’re women.

This is such a f*cking stupid point I’m not even going to bother replying to it properly.

Its slightly ironic you use the term ‘boring’ to belittle adults acting as children would. When that word is most over used by teenagers to discredit anything they dislike. Just live and let live, nothing wrong with men being men sometimes just as it is when women act similarly

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh gawd, I've gone and OFFENDED someone. Oh well.

As an aside, there is a framed picture on the wall of my local of the Albion squad circa 2017-18, over by the pool table. The first thing my missus and my lads girlfriend did when they clocked it, was to go along all 3 rows of players, rating each with a Y or N. Shane Duffy (!) and Tomer Hemed were the ones who had them both frothing at the gams.

Naturally I was absolutely DISGUSTED at this, and flounced off immediately. I mean, how could they possibly have ignored the GREYHOUND ?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Its slightly ironic you use the term ‘boring’ to belittle adults acting as children would. When that word is most over used by teenagers to discredit anything they dislike. Just live and let live, nothing wrong with men being men sometimes just as it is when women act similarly

So I’m not allowed to air my opinion on here? Gotcha. I called it boring because before even opening the thread you could predict exactly what the replies would be. So it was tedious, and tedious is an idiom for boring.

As I said, if the target of mocking was any other group this forum would collectively piss their pants and get on their moral soapbox. I’ll be sure to remind everyone to live and let live and just let men be men the next time somebody rushes on here to point out that Burnley fans are using homophobic slurs when talking about us.

Personally I can’t wait until somebody posts a picture of the Indian cricket team so we can discuss which of the pakis smells most like curry, and which are most likely to blow us up. :thumbsup:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So I’m not allowed to air my opinion on here? Gotcha. I called it boring because before even opening the thread you could predict exactly what the replies would be. So it was tedious, and tedious is an idiom for boring.

As I said, if the target of mocking was any other group this forum would collectively piss their pants and get on their moral soapbox. I’ll be sure to remind everyone to live and let live and just let men be men the next time somebody rushes on here to point out that Burnley fans are using homophobic slurs when talking about us.

Personally I can’t wait until somebody posts a picture of the Indian cricket team so we can discuss which of the pakis smells most like curry, and which are most likely to blow us up. :thumbsup:

Wouldn’t you post a picture of the Pakistani cricket team for that? :moo:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
_82888502_england_women_getty.jpg

N, N, N, N, M, N
Y, Y, N, N, N

How can you say N too Steph H!!!! :moo:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
The biggest OUTRAGE on this thread is how out of date that England team photo is.

Can we have one with Lucy Bronze in it please?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

Have drink and chill out. Ffs

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

You squawk too loudly. You claim you knew what the replies to this thread would be before you proceeded to open it to take offence.

Then you plough on and use the p-word, in some parts of the UK as offensive n-word.

On this thread, you are probably right. You aren't allowed these types of opinions.

What about you with your ‘casual outrage’? I’d say that’s more problematic these days, entire generation now hard wired to instinctively look for offence first, in EVERYTHING!

Alright calm down Grandpa Simpson

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here