Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Montoya isn’t the answer to anything. Full back he’s out of position a lot or certainly wasn’t in tune with the rest of the back 4 at times. Says a lot really that 38 year old Bruno was back for the end of the season and it wasn’t just sentimental
He’s no wing back either.
Bernardo on the left looks like he could do both. Montoya definitely not.

He was back because it was a morale boost to the whole team. Not because he is better than Montoya.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He was back because it was a morale boost to the whole team. Not because he is better than Montoya.

I agree with this but would add that Bruno also helped AK perform whether or not he continues to perform as we know he can remains to be seen but I do not think GP will let him idle his time away making stupid tackles etc.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
If not Reece James, then who will we target for RB? Cannot see us going into next season with only Montoya TBH...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
If not Reece James, then who will we target for RB? Cannot see us going into next season with only Montoya TBH...

Been linked already with both Jayden Bogle at Derby and James Tavernier at Rangers earlier on in the year. Whether they remain targets or not, I don't know, though I doubt the recruitment team would just throw away months of work. Of course, there's always the possibility of us reviving interest in James Justin at Luton Town, someone we've been linked with for several season, or even Connor Roberts from Swansea, if Potter is looking to raid them for anyone. Think a RB is definitely high priority on the to-do list this summer, according to most journalists.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Bruno was still better at defending that Montoya, despite his grand age. Until Bruno came back, Montoya was getting destroyed by a string of LW’ers home and away. Costing us goals.

Even CH, to his credit, dropped Montoya.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Been linked already with both Jayden Bogle at Derby and James Tavernier at Rangers earlier on in the year. Whether they remain targets or not, I don't know, though I doubt the recruitment team would just throw away months of work. Of course, there's always the possibility of us reviving interest in James Justin at Luton Town, someone we've been linked with for several season, or even Connor Roberts from Swansea, if Potter is looking to raid them for anyone. Think a RB is definitely high priority on the to-do list this summer, according to most journalists.

Thank you for that. Tavernier I knew. Can’t see Justin being first team squad choice. Bogle maybe.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Bruno was still better at defending that Montoya, despite his grand age. Until Bruno came back, Montoya was getting destroyed by a string of LW’ers home and away. Costing us goals.

Even CH, to his credit, dropped Montoya.

In your opinion !

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
You are going to love Montoya and The Greyhound as our right backs this season :thumbsup:

The Greyhound... I would be extremely disappointed if that was the case. He seemed incapable of defending.

Montoya is a solid defender. Will need good competition for him, which I am sure we are going to get via a new incoming. The question is who?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You are going to love Montoya and The Greyhound as our right backs this season :thumbsup:

I don’t mind Montoya, well fence for now. He’s just not in Bruno’s class either offensively or defensively..... (which is what I was responding to) [emoji2]

Anyway could be the Chelsea chap..... if we’re as offensive as some suggest, our full-backs are going to key, in both areas of the pitch.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don’t mind Montoya, well fence for now. He’s just not in Bruno’s class either offensively or defensively..... (which is what I was responding to) [emoji2]

Anyway could be the Chelsea chap..... if we’re as offensive as some suggest, our full-backs are going to key, in both areas of the pitch.

I will watch Jayden Bogle with interest today if he plays. It seems we are also linked to him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Really stacked up the assists this season. We’d need a Villa win to get him though.

Best option out of James, Justin & Tavernier for me.

I really don’t know enough about any of the targets?
Can Bogle defend?
Don’t remember him standing out at The Amex, did he play?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Judging by The defending for Villa’s first goal, Bogle is a no no...

Tavernier it is then!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We all saw what an awful defender Montoya was with McNeil (Burnley), Redmond (Stains) and Fraser (Bmuff) taking the player apart from start to finish.

The 19 opposing left wingers aren’t going to get worse.

I hope Potter invests in a RB at least as good as Bernardo.

I think that is harsh to describe Montoya as awful and then use these players as examples as most full back struggle against them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here