Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Summer signings

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why would Spurs even consider a replacement for Erikson? Whatever rag you read that on is just not worthy of the space.

Eriksen is out of contract at the end of next season and wanted by Real Madrid who need to replace Modric now. Spurs won't want an Aaron Ramsey situation, and there's Gareth Bale in the mix too.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Eriksen is out of contract at the end of next season and wanted by Real Madrid who need to replace Modric now. Spurs won't want an Aaron Ramsey situation, and there's Gareth Bale in the mix too.

Ok, I see the reason now. Real would have a great player if they got him.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Strikers are hard to come by - and there aren't any worth talking about in the Championship

The top two strikers in Holland this year are Luuk DeJong who didn't score while at Newcastle - and Dusan Tadic who scored 30 goals in four seasons at Southamption. The third highest is Hirving Lozano who has been linked with Chelsea for £36million and will probably end up as one of their 30-40 players going out on loan (that might be an option).

It is the same story in most of the rest of Europe.

Getting a striker capable of scoring is pot luck - and you have to keep throwing £25+ million at it until you hit one that works (and then one of the top six will poach them - or even Everton, they are paying up to £50million for Richarlson and he only scored 5 goals for Watford).

One player worth a look at from the Championship is Alan Browne at Preston - 24 years old and improving every season - he scored 7 from central midfield last season and 12 this season.

Tadic was always used as a left winger too, what is it with PL managers signing strikers from Holland and playing them out wide lol

phoenix

May 18, 2009
A striker who does a massive amount of the grunt work - making chances and creating space for others - like I said - a grossly underrated player.

You just described Florin Andone !

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Long would score 8-10 goals as a second striker - and would have the pace for counter-attacks to set up others.

The team needs pace - and it is short of it at the moment. You would still need a another striker - but the issue of pace up front would be taken care of.

Long has hit double figures once in 10 PL seasons, and only twice in his career. Hughton does not play two up top anymore, and I can't see him dropping Groß from the second striker role. When you consider we've scored the joint 3rd least goals, Long's record is not good enough for what we need

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Adrián Dalmau seems to be a perfect fit for the Albion

Originally Posted by stewart_weir View Post
Love your thoughts BUT without making some of your own suggestions your thoughts are invalid

Stat Brother:
I deal in FACTS not speculation/wishful thinking.

:)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Really liked the look of Mendez - Laing at Cardiff , who will probably be poached by somebody , has a contract until 2021 but Contracts mean nowt these days , nice age 27 strong physical and pacey and as we know all too well can hit a ball

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Kalvin Phillips seems to be the midfielder that the lower premier league all want.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'd like Karlan Grant from Huddersfield. Scored 4 in 13 for a poor side this season and has pace to burn.

Came from nowhere at Charlton, needs a season in the Championship first perhaps, that said I'm guessing he wouldn't break the bank if Huddersfield could be persuaded to sell.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well we certainly need another defensive central midfielder, so he has to be a possibility.

Yeah. I know its not that ****ing sexy to sign some 29 year old playing in Sweden but Bachirou was the best and most important player in Östersund's Europa League adventure and he was also the best in Malmö FF's Europa League adventure this year. He is "secretly" a very high class player and Potter knows it.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Really liked the look of Mendez - Laing at Cardiff , who will probably be poached by somebody , has a contract until 2021 but Contracts mean nowt these days , nice age 27 strong physical and pacey and as we know all too well can hit a ball

I must say I do too. I also liked the look of Harris (I think that's his name?) at their place. Although Mendez-Laing has the kind of movement and running style that Locadia has so I'm not sure that would go down well on here.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I must say I do too. I also liked the look of Harris (I think that's his name?) at their place. Although Mendez-Laing has the kind of movement and running style that Locadia has so I'm not sure that would go down well on here.

I am M-L’s solicitor, and I demand an immediate retraction of you slur, or I will be forced to initiate legal action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here