Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
As a dyed-in-the-wool remainer, I have to say that revolution would be entirely understandable right now.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I am looking forward to this weekend. Feels like Brighton beating Man City away on a Friday before a glorious set of results to follow. I love politics.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Assume it’s been mentioned before, but Storyville’s A Brexit Story is really interesting stuff on iPlayer. Sure, it will have it’s slant, but **** me, it doesn’t paint a pretty picture of how the Tories have handled the negotiations.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Assume it’s been mentioned before, but Storyville’s A Brexit Story is really interesting stuff on iPlayer. Sure, it will have it’s slant, but **** me, it doesn’t paint a pretty picture of how the Tories have handled the negotiations.

The clues were there from the first meeting. One side of the table looked prepared. The other...well not so much

Attachments

• david-davis.jpg
    david-davis.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 58

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Which side are you talking about, the guy in the Wizard hat - or is it a starry dunce's cap?! :dunce:

:moo:

Yeah, youre right. They guy who is prepared with more than a stupid grin on his face. ie the first sign that the brexit preparations by the UK were laughable. Feel free to laugh at the picture, but despite being protected by the ****up that is Brexit, I find it sad to see my country thrown down the khazi by nitwits.

Last edited:

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Just because he has a wad of paper on his desk as well as his dunce's cap?

Maybe the EU should have taken more of an interest before the Referendum and not been as complacent as the remain camp were.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Just because he has a wad of paper on his desk as well as his dunce's cap?

Maybe the EU should have taken more of an interest before the Referendum and not been as complacent as the remain camp were.

They have already said they should have had more input before the referendum, but we are where we are. Led by the nitwits, who we are trying to give control of the country to, and who we will be handing our trade negotiations to, regardless of how much damage it does to the country.
Good effort We are free and have blue (provided by a French company) passports!
Let me know what other ''benefits'' there will be for the country.

Last edited:

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Time will tell.

My leave vote was always with the longer term view in mind and remainers need to calm down and accept the majority and will see we were right (in the end)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Time will tell.

My leave vote was always with the longer term view in mind and remainers need to calm down and accept the majority and will see we were right (in the end)

By wanting a clown as PM. Yeah whatever,,,,,

Do some research and find how much money he spunked down the drain as Mayor,

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
''Yeah whatever''... I vote Boris.

I would love it as well. Anybody with the intials BJ gets my vote on comedy value alone.
What are the achievements of Boris that makes you believe he is the right choice?
Most Brexiteers seem to rail against the ''political elite''. Im struggling to think of a better example of the ''Political elite''
than an Eton educated Tory that has thrown millions of pounds of tax payers money down the khazi

Last edited:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Better than the situation now. You will see in the end. I know change is scary, but bear with the majority.

:

Well, Sterling was somewhat higher than it is now thanks to Brexit. Do you mean better when we were a bit more prosperous? You say ''you will see in the end''. What will I see do you think?
Also, you forgot to mention why you thought somebody as politically elite as an Eton educated Tory, who has managed to waste over 100 million of tax payers money, without even trying, would be good for the country?

Last edited:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
And you've hit the nail on head boo hoo it's not fair we live in London and Brighton ****everyone else in the country they don't matter because we're so much better than everyone else
Regards
DR

Racist complains some people think they are better than others. Welcome to 2019.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
I was a very reluctant remainer and dragged myself out to vote. I then found myself supportive of May's fudge to try and heal the wounds. However I've gone full circle and now fully committed to remain or most probably voting for any party that is committed to take us back in.

I've tried to show empathy for those who voted leave but I've given up. I've never heard a rational argument particularly on here,

Leavers generally fall into three camps.

1) Those who are quite happy to suck up any populist nonsense without checking out the facts. Those who "know their place" and are fooled by the posh accent of Rees Mogg when even the Royal family don't speak like that.

2) The racist and the xenophobic. Hardly unique, but it's easy and lazy to blame the "other".

3) The dangerously intelligent who hide their personal agenda behind arguments of "sovereignty". These are the ones who hate any form of regulation, are quite happy to see the death of farming and manufacturing and import dubious goods from dubious regimes. They will universally benefit from Brexit and cynically try to persuade you that you will too.

My personal and paradoxical view of the EU is that it is undemocratic and in need of reform whilst protecting us from the excesses of our own system which is:

1) Far more undemocratic than the EU.
2) Far more bureaucratic. The EU employs 55,000 staff, the UK civil services employs 330,000.
2) Belongs to a different era.
3) Prone to populism from both left and right

A thoughtful review, of which this phrase is the most pertinent imho .....
"My personal and paradoxical view of the EU is that it is..... "undemocratic"
Undemocratic, and as of now incapable of change or self-review. I want really the idea to of the EU succeed, and maybe the probable shock results of this recent election may inspire an element of introspection, but I shall not hold my breath.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here