Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Question Time

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
it used to be good but is now just a televised shouting match between a lot of self important,deluded :wanker: who have to have their 15 minutes of "fame".
All part of our social media infested generation where everyone thinks they're important and won't take the time to listen to anyone else.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nope - as I said i can't watch it anymore, infuriates me and my TV licence fee...What happened?

Probably best nobody puts the clip on here, while i take Stat Club Jnrs to see Avengers.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
it used to be good but is now just a televised shouting match between a lot of self important,deluded :wanker: who have to have their 15 minutes of "fame".
All part of our social media infested generation where everyone thinks they're important and won't take the time to listen to anyone else.

This is the issue, people can't debate anymore, everyone has lost the skill to listen and potentially change their viewpoint (whilst sticking to their principle) to have an intelligent and interesting debate...Social media has just given people a platform to shout "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME" Kath and Kim style...would rather turn the tv off these days than put myself through it...might start being a broadsheet reader...are there any intelligent unbiased ones left?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

No it isn't, LEAVE MEANS LEAVE!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I take it you saw what Caroline Lucas was subjected a couple of weeks ago, in the name of highbrow political debate.

Yes, I watched that episode, the first I have chosen to watch for a while. John Rhys-Davies was the most objectional tosser that I have seen on the programme. Aggressive and intimidating throughout, and full of shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEgPTsgbhsQ

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
After his 34th appearance on QT, the BBC consider a new panel:

765FF3FE-A6F6-45ED-8F51-D592D06753C1.jpeg

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
For a political program, it would be much improved if they didn't feature politicians, journalists or people from shadily-funded "think tanks"

It should not have members of the press, writers, actors, comedians or social commentators on the panel but it should always have a minister of state for the Government of the day and MPs from the next three biggest parties plus one from the smaller parties or foreign governments

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

It needed Jeramy Kyal to host the show with panellists having to be connected to a lie detector through out the show now that would liven it up

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
This is the issue, people can't debate anymore, everyone has lost the skill to listen and potentially change their viewpoint (whilst sticking to their principle) to have an intelligent and interesting debate...Social media has just given people a platform to shout "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME" Kath and Kim style...would rather turn the tv off these days than put myself through it...might start being a broadsheet reader...are there any intelligent unbiased ones left?

Nail on the head. Reasonable, rational debate that informs, illuminates and provides for a rounded view of an issue has given way to playground style shouty people. Unwatchable now. Boils my pish to even try.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Unfortunately Fiona Bruce’s control methods aren’t anywhere near as good as Dimbleby’s. She resorts to interrupting, shouting and getting the wrong end of the stick more than the panelists do. Shame, because it used to be an OK programme that let me know first hand what the guests were all about, rather than getting a third hand view from the press.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Unfortunately Fiona Bruce’s control methods aren’t anywhere near as good as Dimbleby’s. She resorts to interrupting, shouting and getting the wrong end of the stick more than the panelists do. Shame, because it used to be an OK programme that let me know first hand what the guests were all about, rather than getting a third hand view from the press.

This. The amount of time a panellist necessarily sets the scene for context and are just about to get to their point when Bruce cuts across them because she's looking for a black or white answer is very irritating.

I think the format of the show is sound but the biggest problem is that Brexit overshadows everything else every week and because the audience is polarised and fired up by that the debate is impaired.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
Fiona is good but she lets the volume of her voice drop at the end of her sentences and I find it hard to hear. I have to put the sub-titles on or turn it up. She does it on antiques roadshow as well. Annoying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here