Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] But we’re special........

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I've just flown back from Italy with EasyJet for £14 to Gatwick. Didn't need a checked bag as was a short break, and I've always been sat next to the other people I've booked alongside so have never paid for a specific seat. Even people like British Airways no longer include a bag now on most flights under their 'basic' fares they advertise.

Personally think they are great.

Fair enough. How far in advance did you book?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Flying Easy Jet in late May, the tickets were not that cheap to start with but I have had to pay, pay and pay again just to get the basics that I want like a decent baggage allowance and sitting together.
I hate the whole experience of flying now, whatever happened to booking a holiday, getting your paperwork and flight tickets, getting on the plane and going.
It all really twists my balls.

You can still do exactly what you did back in the old days, though :shrug:

Just walk into a high street travel agent, tell them where you want to go, and hand over your credit card.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'm just hoping that the year we get to a European final will coincide with the host city being a drive away, so we don't have this faff....:)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Fair enough. How far in advance did you book?

I booked an initial flight back for £29 about 4/5 months ago. I fancied extending it by a day, looked on EasyJet about 10 days ago, and noticed the same flight a day later was £14 and booked 2 seats.

Have used EasyJet numerous times and for what they are I think they do it very well.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And pay twice as much.

Well yes, obviously.

You can't have it both ways, which is my whole point. People want everything to be really cheap, AND not have to concern themselves with shopping about for deals, paying for add-ons, transfers, luggage, etc. :shrug:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Knowing my luck though the Albion's debut Champions League Final will be penciled in for Baku.

This is UEFA. Before long it'll be in New York or Beijing or wherever has bid the most for it.

el punal

In fairness though you are talking about over half the crowd.

The fans will get 16,500 tickets per club, for a 60,000+ stadium.

Arsenal and Chelsea are getting an allocation of 6,000 tickets each (I think I’ve got that right) - so 12,000 in total for a stadium with a capacity of 68,000+. Who gets the the remaining 56,000? :shrug:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-48214483

As EasyJet have said, it ain’t about football, the same would happen if flights were nigh on sold out for any other reason.

"Tottenham fan Brian Palacio, 67, from East Sussex, booked his flights while still in the stands of Ajax's Johan Cruyff Stadium in Amsterdam having just seen his side earn their place in the final." Boo. Bloody plastic!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Arsenal and Chelsea are getting an allocation of 6,000 tickets each (I think I’ve got that right) - so 12,000 in total for a stadium with a capacity of 68,000+. Who gets the the remaining 56,000? :shrug:

The official answer is the ‘UEFA Family’ , whatever the **** that’s supposed to mean.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'm just hoping that the year we get to a European final will coincide with the host city being a drive away, so we don't have this faff....:)

By the time that happens, it might be "Beam me up, Scotty"

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Two thirds of the tickets go to corporate seats so will want different venues every year. Spurs & Liverpool fans get just 17000 tickets each.

It’s an utter disgrace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here