Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Duffy

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But this apparently impeccable source is saying a loan, so only a small amount of up front money. So that wouldn't work before we even have to re-open tedious discussions of White's loan contract or desirable striker availability
Where does the linked article say anything about it only being a loan? Anyway, why would Dunk'n'Duffy want to take a step down? ...................... oh yes, doubling their wages might be a consideration I suppose.

In all seriousness though... something like this could happen, if the club is engineering some radical transfer activity to save our season.

eg.

Duffy to West Ham for a fee.

White recalled from Leeds.

Money made available for a striker.

Well, one can dream.

£150M - £200M for the pair, plus Haller on loan for 18 months (with West Ham paying 100% of his wages) - hmmmm .......... go on, I'm getting slightly interested! Get Ostigard back from loan as well as White.
Plus a gentleman's agreement that West Ham will curl over and give us 6 points a season as long as we're both in the PL ............ oh, I'd forgotten the Dildo Brothers. Forget the gentleman's agreement.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Duffy is very limited. Effective if we're defending for 90 mins but crap when it comes to the ball at his feet. I'm shocked that some fans rate him higher than Webster. Reminds me of the days when people thought CMS was better than Barnes

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Duffy is very limited. Effective if we're defending for 90 mins but crap when it comes to the ball at his feet. I'm shocked that some fans rate him higher than Webster. Reminds me of the days when people thought CMS was better than Barnes

Did you go to Bournemouth last night?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Where does the linked article say anything about it only being a loan? .

The person the OP was talking about said a loan. The article is blatantly bollocks

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
We need to ship out the deadwood this month (Duffy, Stephens, Bong and Muzza), to give our technicians a fair crack at our last 14 PL matches.

We're leaking soft goals, Duffy may not be the best passer in some poor man's Brendon Rogers system. But he's a rock, he'll throw himself in front of anything, he's one of the best defenders in the club and half of one of the most successful defensive partnerships ever at our club.

We don't just need to score to win, we need to stop poor defending.

It's truly beyond madness if true.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Where does the linked article say anything about it only being a loan? Anyway, why would Dunk'n'Duffy want to take a step down? ...................... oh yes, doubling their wages might be a consideration I suppose.

£150M - £200M for the pair, plus Haller on loan for 18 months (with West Ham paying 100% of his wages) - hmmmm .......... go on, I'm getting slightly interested! Get Ostigard back from loan as well as White.
Plus a gentleman's agreement that West Ham will curl over and give us 6 points a season as long as we're both in the PL ............ oh, I'd forgotten the Dildo Brothers. Forget the gentleman's agreement.
The article is a month old - Dunk isn't going there.

This is about Duffy - which seems slightly strange as well, but could happen.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter

He’s not that bad with the ball at his feet, do we need both centre backs to be able to bring ball out and into midfield ?
I’d rather him doing what he does best than Webster taking the ball out and up the pitch but losing possession in the centre circle then having to sprint back towards his goal as the ball is played up behind him.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
But Webster did. The latest in a string of poor performances.

He might come to something Webster, but it won't be any time soon.

Webster's a very good defender. You'd have to be blind with half a brain missing not to see that.

I remember when Dunk used to get this similar sort of criticism (Selhurst park sending off springs to mind). Oh and look how he turned out.....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We're leaking soft goals, Duffy may not be the best passer in some poor man's Brendon Rogers system. But he's a rock, he'll throw himself in front of anything, he's one of the best defenders in the club and half of one of the most successful defensive partnerships ever at our club.

We don't just need to score to win, we need to stop poor defending.

It's truly beyond madness if true.

In a thread of irony/sarcasm, I didn’t mean it. I rate Duffy.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
He’s not that bad with the ball at his feet, do we need both centre backs to be able to bring ball out and into midfield ?
I’d rather him doing what he does best than Webster taking the ball out and up the pitch but losing possession in the centre circle then having to sprint back towards his goal as the ball is played up behind him.

I have never seen this happen - more like a jog :moo:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

Did you observe any of his positives last night or was it all just negative from him?

My money is on your analysis of him being just negatives. God knows why?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Webster's a very good defender. You'd have to be blind with half a brain missing not to see that.

I remember when Dunk used to get this similar sort of criticism (Selhurst park sending off springs to mind). Oh and look how he turned out.....

Webster is miles behind Duffy in terms of actually defending, he’s not particularly strong in the air, isn’t very physical, can’t track a runner to save his life, isn’t actually anywhere near as good at distributing the ball as people think, but he does have a nice touch and squares a mean 10 yard pass to Dunk.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Ok. My half minds eye sees it different at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here