Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shoot the Palace scum. Really???

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
First of all, I'll take nothing away from the performance of your side on the pitch yesterday. Hughton got his tactics spot on by realising that at Selhurst, if you let us have the ball, we will struggle to break anyone down and a clinical dispaly from your attacking players can easily win you 3 points, which it did. I do believe that you taking 6 points off us this season wasnt really a fair reflection of the two games but I know that just makes it all the sweeter for you.

However, lots of your supporters consistently spread the notion of Palace fans being 'scummy chavs' who will chant anything towards Brighton fans simply because of the rivalry. Homophobia is a huge problem in Football and I know that Brighton fans get homophobic abuse hurled at them up and down the country. Yesterday on the other hand, i'm pleased to say from where I was sitting in the Holmesdale, I didn't hear any. (not saying that none took place).

Reading the North Stand Chat, i'm seeing a lot of people saying that you outclassed us in the stands. You only began to sing after both your goals and after the final whistle. It was complete silence for the majority of the game. On the occasions where you were making noise it was pretty disgusting to be honest. "shoot the palace scum". That seems like a pretty 'scummy' thing to sing if you ask me. Why pretend to be something you're not?. I also think the 'Cantona' chanting was pretty low as well, considering everything.

Perhaps the vast majority if your fans should come of your moral high horse and understand every club has swathings of idiots!!

You're right about hearing nothing from the Holmesdale. No doubt about that at all. And as for the two games, we deserved it in both through two classy performances

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Must be something wrong with my hearing as i could hear the albion faithful in full voice throughout the 90, albeit sounding louder after our goals because of the silence in the home stands

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I do actually get genuinely riled when Palace fans call us out on the Cantona chant. Its on BBS again tonight.

A Palace fan tragically, senselessly, lost his life later that season when they played Man Utd again a few months later. Do we, as BHA fans, directly link and celebrate that event ? Well, if you're a Palace fan looking to score points on a messageboard, apparently so.

It sickens me.

Palace fans going to OT with an agenda fueled from the Cantona kick and then problems outside the game leading to someone getting killed is tragic. No doubt at all. However, it's a bit rich to directly link the Cantona chant with the death of that fan.

Also has to be said that it wouldn't be the first time that Palace fans doing the look at me look at me I'm a proper football hooligan act led to their follow fans suffering either

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
First of all, I'll take nothing away from the performance of your side on the pitch yesterday. Hughton got his tactics spot on by realising that at Selhurst, if you let us have the ball, we will struggle to break anyone down and a clinical dispaly from your attacking players can easily win you 3 points, which it did. I do believe that you taking 6 points off us this season wasnt really a fair reflection of the two games but I know that just makes it all the sweeter for you.

However, lots of your supporters consistently spread the notion of Palace fans being 'scummy chavs' who will chant anything towards Brighton fans simply because of the rivalry. Homophobia is a huge problem in Football and I know that Brighton fans get homophobic abuse hurled at them up and down the country. Yesterday on the other hand, i'm pleased to say from where I was sitting in the Holmesdale, I didn't hear any. (not saying that none took place).

Reading the North Stand Chat, i'm seeing a lot of people saying that you outclassed us in the stands. You only began to sing after both your goals and after the final whistle. It was complete silence for the majority of the game. On the occasions where you were making noise it was pretty disgusting to be honest. "shoot the palace scum". That seems like a pretty 'scummy' thing to sing if you ask me. Why pretend to be something you're not?. I also think the 'Cantona' chanting was pretty low as well, considering everything.

Perhaps the vast majority if your fans should come of your moral high horse and understand every club has swathings of idiots!!

**** off you scum before I get my fathers gun.

Fúck off

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
BBS is full of honest (yeah I know....) posters who say how bad and flat their atmosphere* was Saturday. Like at the Amex, the crowd often only really gets going when the team give them something to shout about. Two penalties in 180 mins of football, it's no wonder palace fans were quiet both games against us. Being a supporter in that place must be so disheartening- only Huddersfield have a worse home record. Isn't that lovely!

*Unless one counts a couple of hundred youth singing europop to a beat bashed out by a spurs fan.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

You’re going to be tired at school tomorrow

To be fair, if he us still at school, his English is pretty good.

And at least he gives us some credit in footballing terms.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Surely the OP an't be serious and this whole thread is a fishing trip?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
However, lots of your supporters consistently spread the notion of Palace fans being 'scummy chavs'

Your lot are scummy chavs that start fires and we are gay Tarquins. Those are the tropes and each side stick to them. Are you new to football??

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I believe Cantona was in his rights to do what he did. It was actually the craziest and funniest thing I have seen on a football field.

You are right.

He was directly tackling racism from a classless Palace who was fan abusing him.

Not the best way of sorting out racism in the stands but he really drew attention to the problem, particularly at Selhurst Park.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Trying to find a point here- and trying to understand what you hoped to achieve by attempting to make it.

As irritating as it can be, football fans sing nasty songs at each other. Some have been knocked back as unbecoming of a society that has moved on. But, let's face it, nobody is going to shoot anyone and our Mums never advised us to do so.

Just lick your wounds and wish us the worst for the rest of the season.

Sorry but my mum did, she wasn’t keen on them.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008

Simple, F*ck off you Pikey c*nt.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
“If I was on the pitch I’d break their ****ing legs or some shit like that” no mate. If you were on the pitch something would have gone VERY wrong at the academy.

The best part about that video is that you hear what the famous Sellhurst atmophere is really like.

On TV they really emphasise the noise coming from the hodded wallies. In the away end you can't hear anything but the Albion. So it's really nice to get an insight into just how quiet Sellhurst really is. He's almost whispering at parts in that video. :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

So in your perception where does your song "We scored 3 they scored 1 and they take is up the bum" sit in all of this, just bantz ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think the OP may have left the building

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Reading the North Stand Chat, i'm seeing a lot of people saying that you outclassed us in the stands. You only began to sing after both your goals and after the final whistle. It was complete silence for the majority of the game.

Outrage as football fans are only buoyed into singing when their team is doing well.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

This is laughable. Truly laughable.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Maybe this is the OP.

Haha! Hilarious stuff. Why is 10% of the video taken up with his boring journey to Selhurst? Then a shot of Sainsbury's car park in the foreground, whilst the music I suspect blocked out his "thanks for the lift mum".

He does realise that hash tags don't work like he thinks? "Disaster hash tag"... :lol:

"If I was on the pitch now, I'd absolutely break one of their legs, fam." Nice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here