• Absolutely anyone at all other than Boris Johnson

Votes: 354 76.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I realise most of that, but Boris has the backing of the Torygraph and other influences, and it will all be spun to make it seem like a Johnson led government would trounce Labour. With the influence Johnson has on his side, grass root Tories will vote him in.

It will be almost as if endangering British citizens in Iranian jails, referring to black people as "piccaninnies", aggravating scousers by accusing them of "wallowing in grief" over the killing of Ken Bigley, accusing football fans of making the police scapegoats for Hillsborough, talking about muslim women as "letterboxes", never happened. And that ignores the LONG list of minor gaffes - like saying "f*ck business" in response to business leaders concerns over Brexit, flattening 10 year old kids playing rugby, talking about whisky in a Sikh(or was it Buddist?) temple, "hilariously" rugby tackling an opponent during a charity football match, saying women go to university to find a husband and several other embarrassing moments.

And in an amazing piece of revisionism, he took to twitter recently to take credit for facing down the London riots in 2011 - you know, the time when the city was in the grip of feral rats and he was on the other side of the world on holiday and didn't bother returning to sort it out for over a week. Even reasonable people on his own side accuse him of waiting to see which direction the public point, running to the front of that queue and shouting "follow me"

The man is unfit for office. He's a total twunt, but he'll get in because powerful people want him running the country.

Owners of the Ritz pulling the strings from their offshore tax haven in the Channel Is, they want their man...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
D833kG4XsAAb6sP.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Johnson v Corbyn fighting for the leadership of the UK.

Why am I beginning to think this still isn't the bottom of the (very big) barrel?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Boris Johnson writing in the Telegraph in 2007 when Gordon Brown succeeded Tony Blair.

It's the arrogance. It's the contempt. That's what gets me. It's Gordon Brown's apparent belief that he can just trample on the democratic will of the British people. It's at moments like this that I think the political world has gone mad, and I am alone in detecting the gigantic fraud.

Everybody seems to have forgotten that the last general election was only two years ago, in 2005. A man called Tony Blair presented himself for re-election, and his face was to be seen - even if less prominently than in the past - on manifestos, leaflets, television screens and billboards. We rather gathered from the Labour prospectus that said Blair was going to be Prime Minister. Indeed, Tony sought a new mandate from the British electorate with the explicit promise that he would serve a full term.

The British public sucked its teeth, squinted at him closely, sighed and, with extreme reluctance, decided to elect him Prime Minister for another five years. Let me repeat that.

They voted for Anthony Charles Lynton Blair to serve as their leader. They were at no stage invited to vote on whether Gordon Brown should be PM.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bloody hell the votes for BJ is worrying

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I realise most of that, but Boris has the backing of the Torygraph and other influences, and it will all be spun to make it seem like a Johnson led government would trounce Labour. With the influence Johnson has on his side, grass root Tories will vote him in.

It will be almost as if endangering British citizens in Iranian jails, referring to black people as "piccaninnies", aggravating scousers by accusing them of "wallowing in grief" over the killing of Ken Bigley, accusing football fans of making the police scapegoats for Hillsborough, talking about muslim women as "letterboxes", never happened. And that ignores the LONG list of minor gaffes - like saying "f*ck business" in response to business leaders concerns over Brexit, flattening 10 year old kids playing rugby, talking about whisky in a Sikh(or was it Buddist?) temple, "hilariously" rugby tackling an opponent during a charity football match, saying women go to university to find a husband and several other embarrassing moments.

And in an amazing piece of revisionism, he took to twitter recently to take credit for facing down the London riots in 2011 - you know, the time when the city was in the grip of feral rats and he was on the other side of the world on holiday and didn't bother returning to sort it out for over a week. Even reasonable people on his own side accuse him of waiting to see which direction the public point, running to the front of that queue and shouting "follow me"

The man is unfit for office. He's a total twunt, but he'll get in because powerful people want him running the country.

And he lied, lied and lied again....

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Rory got 19 votes so got through which is very encouraging as, according to polls, he is now second favourite amongst the members. Once the public debates start, he will wipe the floor with Boris. Fingers crossed that a huge upset could be on the cards.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

Yep this. Utter *******

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
When you sit down and think about that vote the most amazing thing is 8 other people elected to represent the public in Parliament looked at Esther McVey and thought "yes, she'd make a good Prime Minister".

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
When you sit down and think about that vote the most amazing thing is 8 other people elected to represent the public in Parliament looked at Esther McVey and thought "yes, she'd make a good Prime Minister".

And now they'll all do the same to Boris

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The trouble is that these are not normal times. Thirty years ago, Johnson would have got nowhere the front bench - can you imagine Thatcher picking him for even the lowliest ministerial office? But these are not normal times, Johnson is a seen as a TV personality in the same way that Trump is. They both share similar traits - a massive ego, laziness, an ability to speak before thinking, practised liars - but both have plenty of supporters who'll ignore this.

Johnson has won, that's for sure, but I'm not sure we're heading for a very stable future.

I'll stand by what I said last week, a win for Johnson will see Corbyn in Number 10 by Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here