Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Appointing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer an ‘unavoidable mistake'...

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
They’d still get gate and prize money. He was talking about media money, which they’d still get a share of.

But isn't the prize money taken from the media money? As such when the media money reduces, the prize money goes down. And again, if it's just reserves playing, the gates will go down as they have in domestic cups.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
OGS was looking rather haggard at the end of that thumping, not many babyfaced smiles at the end...… made me smile though !:D:thumbsup:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The problem is that the G.Neville, Keane and Ferguson, as well as being winners, would've done absolutely anything (by hook or crook) to get an edge on challengers. It's ingrained in them to a fanatical, actually quite miserable, extent.

Any ManU player not up to that, is despised and condemned. With current players at all clubs being far more hedonistic and selfish, it must be hell for Neville and Keane to watch that at ManU. It's not going to change, as modern players and their agents seem to control the sport, so there are more media outbursts to come.

I do admire their passion and outspokenness though, for me it's better than the sycophantic Jenas and Lineker types.

That's actually missing what I was trying to get across, although I follow your point.

My point is. Public Criticism with this group of players has been shown to be ''counter productive'' - Yet Neville seems to overlook this. He criticised Mourinho for ''public criticism'' of individual players.

Yes he is a football pundit and he should analyse the match and performers but he overstepped the mark yesterday. His choice of language and prose was akin to what some people see and chastise on Social Media from fans. If he truly wants Man United to be successful he has to reign himself in. He loves all the pats on the back he receives in the from of comments such as your own. That is self serving but it won't help OGS - Players have a lot of power these days. Especially the ones who know that even if they just stop performing will get another Multi Million £ Transfer to another club competing in the CL.

Man United play Cardiff last game of the season and we may need these players to beat Cardiff for us to stay up. I don't want United to start to ditch these players at the 11th hour and start to bring in a load of kids for that match.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A few bits and pieces, some football related, some not. Just find them untrustworthy and far too clicky. That does not mean that every person from Liverpool is a bad apple, just that I will not shy away from telling it as I see it, and will never fall for that cheeky chappy caricature.

OK. Fair enough. I'm on the other end of the spectrum - all my experiences have been good. :shrug::thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But isn't the prize money taken from the media money? As such when the media money reduces, the prize money goes down. And again, if it's just reserves playing, the gates will go down as they have in domestic cups.

Broadcasting money split 50% evenly, 25% prize money 25% based on number of live appearances.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Frodo has been found out. He started with a set of fixtures you would want as a Christmas present, had a couple of decent victories in London, was outclassed at OT by PSG and in the return leg needed a poor back pass, keeper error and still questionable penalty to get to next leg but that didn’t suit agenda of the media sycophants so it was classed as masterful management instead.

Frodo was the one who wanted Young, Smalling and Jones to have contract extensions in January so those claiming he hadn’t had a window yet are talking out of their arses.

Since then he’s replaced Herreira with McTominay and Rashford is showing his lack of clinical finishing. Lukaku continues to be the Mark Ramprakash of the Premier League.

A pox on the club and it’s plastic fan base, long may Frodo reign.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
funny/odd comment by Neville, blaming the forwards for not being up to standard. sure they should be doing more, but when you ship 4 (or indeed 5) goals shouldn't you look at the midfield and defense for problems. ties in with above comment about Young, Smalling, Jones, none of who are really good enough for top of league.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patreon
May 3, 2012
Valencia
So much dead wood there, and the likes of Pogba who seems to fall out with all his managers, who need to be moved on. He needs at least a couple of transfer windows to be judged fairly.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Mourinho may not be a particularly kind human being, but looking back over his entire ManU tenure, it seems a great achievement that he delivered them 2nd place on 81 points and won 2 (lesser) cups.

He grew increasingly frustrated with the attitude of some of their prima donna’s and was hated for it, but now popular OSG has found exactly the same. For their squad, they’ve had some shocking results over the last couple of months.

Expect to see the mother of all player culls this summer.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Mourinho may not be a particularly kind human being, but looking back over his entire ManU tenure, it seems a great achievement that he delivered them 2nd place on 81 points and won 2 (lesser) cups.

He grew increasingly frustrated with the attitude of some of their prima donna’s and was hated for it, but now popular OSG has found exactly the same. For their squad, they’ve had some shocking results over the last couple of months.

Expect to see the mother of all player culls this summer.

I'm not sure how and who they clear out without it costing an absolute fortune ! Looks like some dark days ahead for Chinese football supporters.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Long may they suffer in the shadows of City, Liverpool and Spurs

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'm not sure how and who they clear out without it costing an absolute fortune ! Looks like some dark days ahead for Chinese football supporters.

ManUre are the third richest club in the world after Real Madrid (first richest) and Barcelona (second).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here