Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Derby County *** Official Match Thread ***

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Job done first half. Derby had no choice but to improve in the second......they're still not good enough though, that's why it looked like a stroll.(really need to get a third goal before we switch off though)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
thoroughly uninspiring i'm afraid ......2-0 up and coasting and we manage to let them back in and scare the frosts out of us for the last 10 minutes .......what the ****....??

am i missing something with the iranian bloke .......i think i must be ....!!
:dunce::moo:

boik

Love the way the commentators kept extending how long Derby had be "great" for. They we great for the last 10 minutes, and then "Derby have been great the last 20 minutes" and finally, "Derby had a great second half". Can't beat rewriting the story.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Love the way the commentators kept extending how long Derby had be "great" for. They we great for the last 10 minutes, and then "Derby have been great the last 20 minutes" and finally, "Derby had a great second half". Can't beat rewriting the story.

And forgetting to add the chances we had and the super save from their goalie, ah well we won.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

I enjoyed the radio 5 commentary which stated early in the second half Derby lead Brighton 2 0, then when Cole scored, and that's the equaliser for Derby County

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
thoroughly uninspiring i'm afraid ......2-0 up and coasting and we manage to let them back in and scare the frosts out of us for the last 10 minutes .......what the ****....??

am i missing something with the iranian bloke .......i think i must be ....!!
:dunce::moo:

I think you are missing something....FULL STOP,,,,,

They had to push forward to score....they would have done the same against any team.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Feck me we didn't half make it hard for ourselves...

boik

They had to push forward to score....they would have done the same against any team.

Don't know if it was a coincidence, but it was noticable that the ball didn't stick in their half after by Jurgs went off. He may be a bit hit and miss, but he kept them stretched and was good at finding space to receive the ball.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We made hard work of it at the end after conceding another poor goal but we were by far the superior team in the match. Having seen West Brom and Derby recently, I’ve come to the conclusion that the Championship must be very poor this season if both of them are challenging at the top.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Not a bad performance and the most important thing is a Win , a win is a win and thats got to be good for confidence.

Now we wait and hope that we have a fit available striker for our next game in 10 days , Murray injured so not available today & Locadia did not look good unable to even limp off and being helped off one legged. Perhaps now CH will be regretting saying he was happy with the squad in January when we had 3 fit strikers , we now down to one who is banned. Hindsight is a wonderful thing , fingers crossed the injuries are minor.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Derby are good enough, as they have proved recently, to give any side a hard time, even coming back from 0-2.
But they either didn't turn up or we were too good 1st half.
We had 8 changes, but Derby are a championship and club and we really should have done better 2nd half either by scoring a 3rd or shutting the game down.
Our ability to let the opposition back into the match is very frustrating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here