Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Selhurst showdown!!

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
He is very effective in what he does, top of the charts in interceptions. Breaks down play very well. Personally I wouldn’t want to play two similar types in Luka and Cabaye. Luka for me is the better player. Your right we should but that’s the premier league. On paper we have a far better first 11 imo. However games aren’t won on paper.
Not sure I agree with that ,I would take ZAHA and Luka and that would be all

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think the opposite.
After 1 point out of 6, you still need a point or two to be safe, so CH will surely go for the draw.
Now, if we win, we’re 1 point behind you, and I can’t see you getting another point.
It’s been a shit season from day one, and I can’t wait for it to be over, hopefully PL status secured.

Fair enough if you don’t agree, you probably class our game as a forgone conclusion (we’re just a load of Tarquins with no players good enough for your reserve team etc) but personally I’d rather the points in the bank and our position over yours any day.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
This game should define our season. I doubt that Chris will see it that way because...well, he's Chris.

Overall Palace are better than us but they've been hobbled by injury and some dreadful flukes and mistakes. If we can get a result at Selhurst I will be both surprised and ecstatic. We can win, we have a great squad of real tryers and lads who really do play for the shirt. It all depends on Chris and whether he goes balls out or holds his cards. I think I know which Brighton we'll see.

I have to say Palace have had some bad luck recently - in 4 of their last 6 matches they've conceded in the last 5 mins - losses to Liverpool, Man U and Spurs, and a draw at Bmuff. If they had held out in each of those games they'd have five more points, and be a point ahead of us. Fingers crossed they carry on in the same vein...

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
I have to say Palace have had some bad luck recently - in 4 of their last 6 matches they've conceded in the last 5 mins - losses to Liverpool, Man U and Spurs, and a draw at Bmuff. If they had held out in each of those games they'd have five more points, and be a point ahead of us. Fingers crossed they carry on in the same vein...

I will never understand the excuse of bad luck when a team loses in the last few minutes. The game is 90
Mins each week. As the Old golfer said’ the harder i work the luckier I get’. Nailed on draw Saturday, and we are a better team than Palace as we have more points and a better goal difference, that’s how the league works I think. If at end of season they have more and finish above us, then they are the better team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse

Not sure that qualifies as bad luck. Once perhaps yes, but it is starting to look like an underlying issue. That being said we are still clearly underdogs, but with a pleasant ray of hope. :cool:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Have a good feeling about saturday, the players know there are no excuses, they have to turn up and do their bit.
Cant wait, i love Palace away.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I will never understand the excuse of bad luck when a team loses in the last few minutes. The game is 90
Mins each week. As the Old golfer said’ the harder i work the luckier I get’. Nailed on draw Saturday, and we are a better team than Palace as we have more points and a better goal difference, that’s how the league works I think. If at end of season they have more and finish above us, then they are the better team.

Man City v Liverpool tonight.... cough..cough

I hope your right by the way.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011

Completely correct about last minute or late goals, Nothing to do with luck, All about concentration and mental attitude.
We have been unlucky with injuries, I think most level headed Seagulls would give us that, 12 out at one point.

Reckon it will be tight Saturday, with you guys trying to play on the counter. Going 1-1 which will suit both teams but us a bit less so.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Completely correct about last minute or late goals, Nothing to do with luck, All about concentration and mental attitude.
We have been unlucky with injuries, I think most level headed Seagulls would give us that, 12 out at one point.

Reckon it will be tight Saturday, with you guys trying to play on the counter. Going 1-1 which will suit both teams but us a bit less so.

Yep, I’d agree with all that. I’m going 1-1 too - unless there’s a red before 60 minutes, which is not beyond the realms of possibilities.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Yep, I’d agree with all that. I’m going 1-1 too - unless there’s a red before 60 minutes, which is not beyond the realms of possibilities.

I can see the occasion getting to someone too. We haven't had a player sent off for ages, Nobody this season, probably due one!

Hennessy **** up then pulling someone down the box would be my bet from our side :)

Dunk most likely for a red mist moment for you guys?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I can see the occasion getting to someone too. We haven't had a player sent off for ages, Nobody this season, probably due one!

Hennessy **** up then pulling someone down the box would be my bet from our side :)

Two yellow cards for “simulation” for Zaha more likely I would think.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Dunky has been the model of control all season. He may mistime the odd difficult challenge, but hopefully his red mist days are behind him. We also hope that Knocky should be on his best behaviour, but to be on the safe side, please don't kick the ball in his face.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Dunky has been the model of control all season. He may mistime the odd difficult challenge, but hopefully his red mist days are behind him. We also hope that Knocky should be on his best behaviour, but to be on the safe side, please don't kick the ball in his face.

It's not hard to see how teams will target AK from now on - a few words here and there, the odd nudge and hard tackle. It surely won't take much to get him seeing red again (in any way you want to interpret that).

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Dunk’s self-control has improved immeasurably over the last couple of years. If he plays, Knockaert is far more likely to lose it (again).

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015

Agree, although there are rumblings about lack of medical and first class medical facilities at the club, which may cause some issues. 1-1 is about right, bet Benteke scores as it’s written in the stars.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here