Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Winner winner, chicken dinner :thumbsup:

Oh yes.

This is the quality of a balanced, well considered and just damned classy rivals debate.

Christ. I thank GOD every day that I was born in Brighton rather than oddity roundaheights.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Seems to be *Pricing War* breaking out now between us and Burnley about who can give Leicester a higher asking price for Tarkowski or Dunk.

Both now at a tag of £40 million. I reckon we can go higher to make Tarkowski the cheaper option.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Leicester just spent £30m on Perez from Newcastle, and also now closing in on their #1 target Tielemans from Monaco. While they're not willing to pay Monaco's £40m asking price, it could end up somewhere near that.

So they're already spending quite a bit – and even if they do get upwards of £70m for Maguire to recoup those two, would they really want to spend another £40m this window on Dunky?.

With 3 'weak' teams in the big 6 Leicester may well be playing a blinder.
An also ran will break into the monopoly this season, seemingly Leicester think it'll be them.

Were it not for 2019's incompetence they'd be no reason why the Albion couldn't be looking at leaping into Leicester's (top 10) position.
Sadly that's going to need to go on hold for a bit longer.

Last edited:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
With 3 'weak' teams in the big 6 Leicester may well be playing a blinder.
An also ran will break into monopoly this season, seemingly Leicester think it'll be them.

Were it not for 2019's incompetence they'd be no reason why the Albion couldn't be looking at leaping into Leicester's (top 10) position.
Sadly that's going to need to go on hold for a bit longer.

Depends if you think Potter will bring an extra 16 points this season.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Yeah Leicester are looking good.

People saying its not a jump for someone like Dunk but playing for a pretty big club pushing for European football / Improved chances of further England caps / earning prob double what they are on now .

I'm not sure its so attractive they would demand a transfer but this move would be furthering their career and a pretty good move overall.

He's achieved everything we are likely to achieve as captain. Move up to a fresh challenge would make total sense.

Not what anyone wants to hear of course

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Yeah Leicester are looking good.

People saying its not a jump for someone like Dunk but playing for a pretty big club pushing for European football / Improved chances of further England caps / earning prob double what they are on now .

I'm not sure its so attractive they would demand a transfer but this move would be furthering their career and a pretty good move overall.

He's achieved everything we are likely to achieve as captain. Move up to a fresh challenge would make total sense.

Not what anyone wants to hear of course

All true except 'pretty big club'. They've had success, but they are not imho a 'big club' by any stretch. I also can't see Dunk going there then quickly getting a move to an Arsenal or Chelsea, which is surely his ambition in his late 20s... let the hot fuss continue...

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I’m quietly confident there’ll be an announcement soon that Dunk has signed a renewed 5 year deal and has officially been made Club Captain for the forthcoming season

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
All true except 'pretty big club'. They've had success, but they are not imho a 'big club' by any stretch. I also can't see Dunk going there then quickly getting a move to an Arsenal or Chelsea, which is surely his ambition in his late 20s... let the hot fuss continue...

Would imagine England caps / challenging for trophies and money prob his ambition.

Can he get all 3 at Leicester - yes

As for big club - have a look at their history

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I’m quietly confident there’ll be an announcement soon that Dunk has signed a renewed 5 year deal and has officially been made Club Captain for the forthcoming season
I reckon so too. Substantial payrise, no doubt.

I'd like to know what the latest situation is with Pröpper and Ajax as well.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Would imagine England caps / challenging for trophies and money prob his ambition.

Can he get all 3 at Leicester - yes

As for big club - have a look at their history

Well aware of their history, but the old big club debate is a subjective one, as we all know. Wigan and Wimbledon have both won more FA Cups than us, but bigger clubs than us?...

You might be right though, they might tick the right ambition/finance boxes for him, disappointing from a BHA point of view if true.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They’ll start ANOTHER thread about you on BBS if you’re not careful!,

I’ve got my own now...I’m a “Filthy Racist”;over there. Much to my great amusement.
Seriously?

Idiots.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Last season he challenged for a trophy, played for England, and improved his contract

Playing for

Brighton.

And then a disastrous second half of the season and fell out of the England setup

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I'm not sure this will go well for you.

Why is that then? So a guy (It doesn’t matter who) starts a thread on a completely speculative subject (he is even transparent about that fact), he does this under a pseudonym, then a few weeks later ‘reports’ this subject (still without any facts) under his professional name, obviously in the pursuit of profit.

This the definition of fake news. It is no different from the tactic used in Brexit, US elections, etc.

Had he started the thread on here using his professional name then no problem. He didn’t, for a reason. Does anyone think this is ‘OK’?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here