Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Isaac Hayden

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
More a Chris player than a Graham one IMHO...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Northern echo still linking us and West Ham to Hayden.

No idea how lazy or not they are being.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I suspect Hayden will play alongside Stephens and is just what we need for us to play 4231. He is much more agile and has quicker feet than Stephens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both are slow, both right-footed, probably a slight improvement but I would like to see better. Best would Stephens to play a bit better, if he can?

If we are going too increase our strength in depth in defensive midfield, let it be a left footer.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Just cannot see it happening now Chris has gone...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
uninspiring but age fits what we go for.

Has a couple of seasons under his belt in he prem so you could argue is more proven than most we sign.

If cheap then maybe a shrewd move ?

Be interested to know Newcastle's fans opinion of him

edit

read a few things online , seems Newcastle fans think he's decent enough and had a great 2nd half of the season.

Wins the ball and presses more than sits deep.

Young and English

Why not

https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?topic=98057.1925

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
A mate of mine is a Newcastle and he reckons he had a cracking 2nd half of the season. I think he was injured and lost his place at the start of the season, and then asked for a transfer in January as he wanted to move back down south. It got refused and he started playing regularly. I think Newcastle fans would be disappointed if he goes. I think he'd be a good addition.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
tell you what does appeal -

Style of play

Arsène Wenger has described Hayden as a player whose key assets are concentration, intelligence and strength. Equally comfortable at centre-back or in central midfield, whilst having also previously featured at right-back and as a playmaker

UTILITY

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Would improve our strength in depth in midfield but not necessarily our quality. Not a glamorous signing but wouldnt be against it. Hoping for someone with a bit more to offer with attacking play though.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Would mean too many water carriers, not enough flair-masters...

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I can see the argument for adding him to our squad with his versatility and he plays a combative shield in a more advanced position than what we are used to. He is a little feisty like Kayal and presses well but is he simply filling a squad place or will he help us change our style of play?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
stephens
2017–18[31] premier league 36 0
2018–19[32] premier league 30 1

hayden
2017–18 premier league 26 1
2018–19 premier league 25 1

ever present apparently means playing in 66% of games.

Younger than stephens, but plays less games per season, doesn't add anything to the goals column and would require a transfer fee. Can't see the point.

shock

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Hayden would be a great signing. At 24 he's coming into his prime, a proven Prem midfielder, he'd give us a bit more physical presence

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here