Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Harry Wilson

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What, this isn't a thread full of obscure music from [MENTION=15734]harrywilson'stackle[/MENTION] but is actually a thread about a footballer.

Something must have happened over the last week or so for everyone still to be focused on football in the close season

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If some people on here are dismissing our chances because the likes of Bournemouth (14th) are in for him, do I also take it that those same people accept that 15th and lower is our level?

If we want to be slamming the manager for not getting higher up the table, we must be challenging for the same players as those higher teams are signing.

Excellent point.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
If some people on here are dismissing our chances because the likes of Bournemouth (14th) are in for him, do I also take it that those same people accept that 15th and lower is our level?

If we want to be slamming the manager for not getting higher up the table, we must be challenging for the same players as those higher teams are signing.

I guess it is a perception of more chance of being in the Premier League for more than one season, rather than relative league position.

Bournemouth, Leicester and Wolves would be viewed as a better option than us in that regard.

Potter is an unknown quantity too, and again a player may view a manager with a stable position a better option than someone new to the league

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Wilson fits into the Dan Ashworth model perfectly. Young/exciting/pacy and British.. Can easily see us being linked with him and many others like him this summer as this is surely the route we are now going down... ( re the fee this is our 3rd year in PL and prices kee going up and up so no surprises there....(we will have a number of clubs to compete with for these players though)

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
There was a chant about Harry Wilson (definitely not a footballer) in the 70s.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It's such a brilliant business model. Collect young players, loan them to the championship (and either get a fee or a % of their salaries paid), hope they do well, sell for MEGA bucks when they have built up a name.

Its called "Fattening players for Market" and unless I'm very much mistaken, its the market Bloom wants us to get into too.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
If Solanke is worth £19m

Not surprised they want £25m

Bournemouth coughed up £14m for a Bristol City full back earlier this week, so Liverpool aren't going to sell them Wilson for buttons :lol:

On the way

Oct 9, 2016
North Herts
Besides, can you see TB spending 25 million on a winger who's had 1 & 1/2 good seasons at championship level?
That’s a fair point you make there, I mean it’s not as if TB would pin our hopes of Premier League survival next season on a manager who’s had 1 mediocre season in the Championship is it :shrug:
Not having a dig at your comment, TB or GP, but we keep hearing that our chairman is a gambler, he’s gambled with a new, unproven at PL level, manager and may have to gamble on new players to back that decision, otherwise what was the point in making those changes?
To be excited about moving on and forward I think certain on field changes will need to be made, which means gambling in equal measure to the managerial change 🤞

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here