Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Meanwhile Where Is Mr Hughton?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He should do what he does best. Take a Championship club and make them Premier League. That's a gift, a talent, and any Championship club with ambition should be knocking at his door - loudly. I also think, with respect to the man, that he shouldn't quite think of himself as a Pep Guardiola just yet...

I wish him well no matter what, though. What he's done for BHAFC will never be forgotten.

He should, but please Chris not Boro.

Lewes Punk

Feb 11, 2018
He should do what he does best. Take a Championship club and make them Premier League.

The thing is though, he may well feel "Why should I do that again?" He's taken more than one club up from the Championship and he probably feels he's got nothing left to prove there. Couldn't blame him if that's the case.

Sadly he may be one of those managers who gets stranded in no-man's land - seen as a sure bet in the Championship but not quite good enough for the Premier League. A real shame - he's been harshly treated IMO.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Kilmarnock need a manager. That might be a good fit for Hughton

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m starting to feel real compassion for Chris after GPs appointment today. A good man. Hope he gets the challenge of managing another PL side.

Anya1000

Apr 14, 2019
The thing is though, he may well feel "Why should I do that again?" He's taken more than one club up from the Championship and he probably feels he's got nothing left to prove there. Couldn't blame him if that's the case.

Sadly he may be one of those managers who gets stranded in no-man's land - seen as a sure bet in the Championship but not quite good enough for the Premier League. A real shame - he's been harshly treated IMO.

I agree very unfair how he has been treated. At a minimum he should have been given the start of the season with HIS signings not TB and Winstanley although they would obviously have a say. I look forward to seeing a statement from CH I am sure it will come soon... Maybe we will discover some truths which we are not aware of.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
He is proven capable of taking clubs up from the Championship, that is where his core value is. He's obviously kept us up twice, but that isn't seen as a safe bet. Good luck to him, whatever happens.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015

He has done it twice and got sacked - he would want some serious guarantees before considering it again.

If I had to pick a PL team that he could end up with - West Ham. Hughton was on the short list when they sacked Avrim Grant. Apparently David Gold recommended Hughton to Birmingham and encouraged Hughton to take the job. Then again - like most PL clubs, West Ham tend to want a 'big name' irrespective of whether they can do the job or not.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Not going to West Brom (according to the rumour). Chris wants a Premier League club -

“A well-placed source has told Football Insider that Hughton is not considering either role at West Brom or Middlesbrough as he would prefer his next role in management to be in the Premier League”

So who is he waiting for?

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-hughton-makes-up-mind-over-west-brom-and-middlesbrough-jobs/

If this is true then my guess would be that he ends up at Southampton around October / November time. They got the new manager bounce towards the end of the season and then seemed to resort to type again. I recall hearing Le Tiss say on Soccer Saturday that the manager has got to sell players to raise funds if he wants to strengthen the squad, so this suggests they aren’t going to be splashing the cash. So my money is on Ralph Whatshisname being the first EPL manager casualty next season to open the door for Chris.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Not going to West Brom (according to the rumour). Chris wants a Premier League club -

“A well-placed source has told Football Insider that Hughton is not considering either role at West Brom or Middlesbrough as he would prefer his next role in management to be in the Premier League”

So who is he waiting for?

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-hughton-makes-up-mind-over-west-brom-and-middlesbrough-jobs/

Oh L.Ron! If CH takes over at Boro I'll be devastated. It would be a real 'mare.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Derby go up and sack Lampard after a bad start, that is his gig.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Instead of clappers the clubs would need to get pillows as the football would be dire

Come on, let’s show some respect. I’d hate for Hughton to be referred to like this on NSC - it’s like Norwich all over again and we’re better than that! The way Poyet is negatively referred to constantly is bad enough after all he did here - let’s not go one worse and do the same with the legend that is Chris Hughton. Please no.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You're not backtracking/hedging on our previous discussions are you? :)

Not at all, CH could be a good call for a team in trouble looking to stage an Alamo style last ditch defence of their Premier League status. I am still 100% behind Bloom’s decision to try and move on from that though

I hope you weren’t thinking that I was talking about him returning to the Albion if things go wrong with GP :smile:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not at all, CH could be a good call for a team in trouble looking to stage an Alamo style last ditch defence of their Premier League status. I am still 100% behind Bloom’s decision to try and move on from that though

I hope you weren’t thinking that I was talking about him returning to the Albion if things go wrong with GP :smile:

I know - was only joking.... [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He has no chance of a PL job unless he takes a club there

Come November/December they’ll be another Fulham rooted to the bottom ready to get in someone with a proven record of Premier League survival.

Other examples would be Dyche moving on, and Hughton slotting in at somewhere like Burnley.

Football world thinks very highly of Chris, even if some on here want to denigrate his reputation.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here