Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
His name is not very inspiring for a manager's name
We are going to be part of the Potty Army

No tee shirts with him flying around on a broomstick with a witty slogan either please

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
The Beeb are saying Swansea have rejected an approach. Doesn't that mean he's not allowed to have an interview until they agree to one?

He’s already had one, probably.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Swansea are cash strapped so will obviously hold out for the best deal they can get before letting Albion speak to Potter. Talk of £3M for the man & his coaching team would not be a bad investment if it goes well compared to £30M spent on players who have not performed. If TB is set on Potter I dont think £3M is going to stop him so would be a matter of time IF Potter actually wants to leave.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I don’t think appointing Potter is a bigger risk than keeping CH if I’m honest

Sorry, got to disagree with this one. Hughton is (almost) up there with Big Sam in his ability to keep teams in the PL. When Allardyce is parachuted into clubs, the very first thing he does is make them incredibly organised and very hard to beat; boring if you like. This is Chris Hughton's Premier League approach too. Last year we were an unknown quantity and Gross and Izzy were fully fit. This meant that our cautious, disciplined, organised (boring) football was supplemented by some creativity and punch going forward too - at least at home.

This season we were (comparatively) flying at Christmas and then the wheels fell off in the New Year. Norwich bottled it with Hughton, jettisoned him and got relegated. Bloom stuck with Hughton, we reverted to type, and just about got away with it.

I like the thought of Potter, but he's a huge risk compared to sticking with Chris.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Not sure if this has already been posted but from here...

https://www.90min.com/posts/6068645-7-things-you-probably-didn-t-know-about-swansea-s-soon-to-be-manager-graham-potter

This is where we get to the juicy stuff. The tactics. Finally, what we've all been waiting for. According to Swedish footballing legend Henrikh Larsson, he keeps his teams extremely tactically astute.

"The way he is able to change his pattern of play during games is so impressive," Larsson told the Independent. "[He] played all different kinds of systems, starting off a match one way, and then halfway through they started playing a different system, and then they ended up with a third system. And all the players knew exactly what they were doing."

We are crying out for a coach who can do this....:O

So at least a plan c, I like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Almost shat myself at that pass from the goalie. Is Ryan good enough with his feet to do this in the PL?

Unfortunately not in my view. It seems his kicking has deteriorated, but it might just be because all he does is kick it long (and he can't get that much distance), whereas a transition to shorter passing might be what he's best at.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Sorry, got to disagree with this one. Hughton is (almost) up there with Big Sam in his ability to keep teams in the PL. When Allardyce is parachuted into clubs, the very first thing he does is make them incredibly organised and very hard to beat; boring if you like. This is Chris Hughton's Premier League approach too. Last year we were an unknown quantity and Gross and Izzy were fully fit. This meant that our cautious, disciplined, organised (boring) football was supplemented by some creativity and punch going forward too - at least at home.

This season we were (comparatively) flying at Christmas and then the wheels fell off in the New Year. Norwich bottled it with Hughton, jettisoned him and got relegated. Bloom stuck with Hughton, we reverted to type, and just about got away with it.

I like the thought of Potter, but he's a huge risk compared to sticking with Chris.

Almost up there with Big Sam ?

3 times he has kept a side in the Prem hardly compares.

3 wins in 23 doesn’t make me believe he would have kept us up next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here