Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Change to away ticket sales process [Club update - post #140]

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Let’s see. I’ll be happy to be wrong but if “real” demand is 2000 and our choice is between a 1500 allocation and a 3000 then we all know which 500 are going to miss out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh - I misunderstood your original point, sorry. Yep, I entirely agree - if demand is 1600, and the allocations are 1500 or 3000, they’ll get 1500. Presumably there is a point where they’d buy the 3k, but I’ve no idea where that point is...

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
My Watford ticket has just arrived and I am singularly unimpressed.

I called the ticket line just after 2pm on the day the tickets went on sale. They promised to mark their file that in view of my age (72) I wanted to sit down and be as near the front and central as possible.

My ticket is for Block VR1 (i.e. in the corner) and Row Y - almost as far from the action as it is possible to get!

I have sent a formal complaint.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
This bit:

“f you want your seats then you arrive early. Otherwise you can expect to fill the gaps. I'm not arguing for or against it, that is just the way it is.”

Why should I have to arrive early when a lot of those causing problems (standing in aisles) are the ones who barge in late?

It’s only “the way it is” because of people who think they can do as they please.

As I said earlier, if they still do it under this new system, then they really are the most inconsiderate amongst us. If nobody was bothered about getting the seat on their ticket, the club wouldn’t have had any complaints about the new allocation method they’d adopted. The outcry and subsequent appreciation of what they’ve done proves that most are not happy to just sit anywhere.

I stated quite clearly I wasn't arguing for or against the reasons why it is this way, just offering advice. And it IS good advice whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. If as you say, you have never had problems rocking in at KO and finding your seats taken then you are an exception and very lucky. Either that or you normally request seats at the front which is commonly the least popular area.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
After some consideration I think the revised plan will mostly work. I'm happy to see it in action, which I am sure will be a massive relief to Mr B.

That said if there are multi tiers what is front middle and back? Would that then be split between tiers? Hmmmmm

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My Watford ticket has just arrived and I am singularly unimpressed.

I called the ticket line just after 2pm on the day the tickets went on sale. They promised to mark their file that in view of my age (72) I wanted to sit down and be as near the front and central as possible.

My ticket is for Block VR1 (i.e. in the corner) and Row Y - almost as far from the action as it is possible to get!

I have sent a formal complaint.

This is exactly what I have been trying to say.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I stated quite clearly I wasn't arguing for or against the reasons why it is this way, just offering advice. And it IS good advice whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. If as you say, you have never had problems rocking in at KO and finding your seats taken then you are an exception and very lucky. Either that or you normally request seats at the front which is commonly the least popular area.

I think we’re agreeing but not reading each other’s posts properly!

I didn’t say I rock up at KO time. My dad taught me well that you have to be in position a good hour before the game starts!

I’ve been late a few times, though ......

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Really? I'd expect about 50%+ to go for the back, may be 30 for the middle and 20 the front.

It surely depends how far back the back is!

I’d generally be fine at the back (though I prefer about 20 rows from the front), but not at places like Anfield.

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
After some consideration I think the revised plan will mostly work. I'm happy to see it in action, which I am sure will be a massive relief to Mr B.

That said if there are multi tiers what is front middle and back? Would that then be split between tiers? Hmmmmm

Good move by the club. Not that I expected anything less! It now depends how the seats are allocated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here