Brighton v Chelsea '83 photos

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
F1361AAF-8629-412E-AFF8-F356BFCCAA75.jpg

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Brighton and Chelsea in the same league, eh?
Ah, the good old days - if only we could do find a way to achieve this next season.... :whistle: :O

(Without all the neanderthal guff, of course.)

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
First time I had beer spilt down me at the football, a delightful experience. The culprit was a pissed up Chelsea fan ... 'infiltrated all parts of the ground' ... indeed.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Remember it well, Chelsea had virtually a completely new team, and were expected to need some time to jell, but hit the ground running and won the league.

The segregation was non existent, entering the SW terrace turnstile it was obvious that Chelsea fans were being allowed in as well, and it was only a matter of time before everything kicked off.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
The night before the game was certainly entertaining if you happened to be around Churchill Square, West Street or Queens Road.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Good memories.

Was the first game I went to on my own, without my Grandad, was 14 at the time. Can't imagine too many 14yo being allowed to that sort of game now, on their own.

As the pitch invasion went on, I stayed round by the club shop, and got some of the players autographs and they left the ground. Was quite please with myself.

Got a right telling off from Mum when I got home. She had heard about the riot on TV and had expected a phone call at least from me. I didn't know what the fuss was all about :)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sadly missed most home matches between 82 and 86 as in the RAF based in Lincolnshire. Did quite a few aways from there though.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Jul 7, 2003
Our usual place back then was near the top of the old East Terrace North - right by the old away pen. No idea why but with a few minutes to go my Dad turned to me and told me to pick up my things as we were leaving. He never left games early but obviously sensed something was up. We got out to Hove Park to hear the noise of what turned out to be Chelsea fans charging around. When we saw the pictures the Chelsea fans had came straight through where we had been standing and we would have been very early collateral damage!

The Rattler

NSC Patreon
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
could be?

Was at the Chelsea v boro game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elEnkcp6RcE

I was at that game too, in the Boro end! Went on the spur of the moment and paid on the gate to get in - amazing really. Was still in the ground 2 hours after the game ended, happy days!

Another bizarre Chelsea fact... was at The Old Den on the last day of the 89-90 season - Millwall's last game in the top flight... against Chelsea - who on earth thought that was good scheduling?!

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
The Honey Monster said nothing, dealt a decisive blow with his left, the Chelsea supporter didn't get up again and I don't think THM even put the beer down that he was holding in his right hand.

Sheer poetry OzMike, sheer poetry. Do you know my mate Simon the brickie, down in Perth?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here