Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Fridat dinking thread

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Punk and Elvis for me tonight after a period of abstinence. Bloody marvellous.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just arranged a last trip to this place before the Iron curtain descends on beer lovers.....https://www.vanuxeem.com/en/section/52/catalogue Going to be taking back every crate and empty I have and bagging up on the fourpacks as it may be impractical to get back there again due to costs and the probable reinstatement of the Duty Free allowance.... if not at the end of this March then fairly soon after any transition period..... sigh.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:eek:

Do not move 2 meters away from the toilet.

Edit - Ignore the above advice, stay on the toilet :eek:

Edit 2 - Oh look HWT is offline, no surprise :)

Amazing stuff....and I'm now ready for the second litre.....bring it on!!!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Just arranged a last trip to this place before the Iron curtain descends on beer lovers.....https://www.vanuxeem.com/en/section/52/catalogue Going to be taking back every crate and empty I have and bagging up on the fourpacks as it may be impractical to get back there again due to costs and the probable reinstatement of the Duty Free allowance.... if not at the end of this March then fairly soon after any transition period..... sigh.

Just looking at the pictures gave me the vivid feelings of 'hangover'. I never do well with that kind of beer, gorgeous though it is.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just looking at the pictures gave me the vivid feelings of 'hangover'. I never do well with that kind of beer, gorgeous though it is.
I rarely have a hangover on most of this beer, I suffer awfully on the likes of Kronnenberg and Stella though.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm on the Bumble tonight. In the middle of 12 night shifts in a row so no boozing for me until Monday. I have some Whitley Bay Pale in the larder for when it's all over. I had a quick look at them before I left for work today, like a proud father checking in on his sleeping baby.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Stayed back to watch the end of the cricket, so was out longer than I intended. A few Hop Houses, and now I'm just finishing off a glass of red.

However, I have just abused a Palace fan online by calling him a mammering crook-pated spack gudgeon in a skull mask. So the evening has not been entirely wasted.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Mrs TC bought me a Green Gecko, one from Lidl’s range of ales the other week. It reminded me how surprisingly good their range is. I think they have others such as Red Rooster etc.
The names are a bit contrived but genuinely nice beer and from what I recall about £1.20 a bottle I think.

Worth trying if you find yourself in there looking for that special can of Schlappenslops or packet of Flugleflaps.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can laugh now, sorry sick sense of humour, but I wasn't laughing that day, and I had to miss a home game as my hospital appointment was on a Sunday.

Wish you well, hope all is ok.

Cheers!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Mrs TC bought me a Green Gecko, one from Lidl’s range of ales the other week. It reminded me how surprisingly good their range is. I think they have others such as Red Rooster etc.
The names are a bit contrived but genuinely nice beer and from what I recall about £1.20 a bottle I think.

Worth trying if you find yourself in there looking for that special can of Schlappenslops or packet of Flugleflaps.
Yes, have tried them on occasions, they are not bad.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Not sure what you're getting at there, nout wrong with punk, but a deal is a deal . . . . Have you tried 'when in Rome'? Quality Italian wine, in a box. The barbera is lovely, not 2.50 though as we're not in Europe ;-(

That's what I love about these drinking threads. All the pretentious people who know so much more about beer than I and dismiss any other peoples choices. I will.be drinking Italian red wine from a carton. Only €2.50 a litre. I will be using a glass.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Not sure what you're getting at there, nout wrong with punk, but a deal is a deal . . . . Have you tried 'when in Rome'? Quality Italian wine, in a box. The barbera is lovely, not 2.50 though as we're not in Europe ;-(

I once questioned the price of a pint of Punk in Brighton as being well expensive.

The answer was Brexit.....:ohmy:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Aldi do a few decent beers too.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here