Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
interesting point you make there, this is to do with EU-Japan trade deal making production outside Japan unnecessary, so factory closes regardless of UK's EU status. which is a shame as for decades they've been making a very reliable car that beat others in class.

Indeed, and jobs are going to be lost in the U.K. and undoubtedly the EU due to the supply chain. No win U.K. or EU.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Nothing bizzarre about it at all.I have had enough of being talked down to and abused by posters who for some reason think they are superior to Leavers.In reality,you are all a bunch of sulky waste of oxygen,repeating fake news from twitter and glorifying in any bad news,real or imagined,you can find.Time to grow up,and get your heads round the fact we are Leaving.If you can't find it in yourselves to support this country,find one you like.Sling your hook.

Do you think you could explain how you’re immune to the disastrous effects of Brexit?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Indeed, and jobs are going to be lost in the U.K. and undoubtedly the EU due to the supply chain. No win U.K. or EU.

I think you may find that the EU has more practice in joined up thinking and political outmanoeuvring than you, Boris and JRM :shrug:

The proof is all over the news today.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
There is no disagreement between us on the point you make. Equally though you could say that we are less independent as a member of NATO than we would be as a non-member. Such is the nature of international treaties.

You could say that but NATO membership or signing international treaties are not the same as EU membership. If you can show how NATO or any other treaty we are signed up to regularly allows law to go straight on the statute book without approval by Parliament I would concede the point.

You won’t though.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I have to ask one of the most lucid Brexiteers on here, what exactly do you think is going to happen on 29th of next month

(and you know I am going to quote this answer in a few weeks :))

I was going to ask him that as well, but I had a sneaky feeling you would so I didn't bother. :D

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I have to ask one of the most lucid Brexiteers on here, what exactly do you think is going to happen on 29th of next month

(and you know I am going to quote this answer in a few weeks :))

I thought you had a crystal ball. Why hasnt it told you exactly what is happening on the 29th of next month?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I was going to ask him that as well, but I had a sneaky feeling you would so I didn't bother. :D
The premise does not make sense. It was not a prerequisite for the referendum vote, that everyone needed to know what would happen several years along the line. Just as people voting leave did not know, neither did people voting remain. If that principle were to be made law, then no one would ever qualify to vote for anything, ever.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I think you may find that the EU has more practice in joined up thinking and political outmanoeuvring than you, Boris and JRM :shrug:

The proof is all over the news today.

Yep, the euro, unemployment in Greece, Spain, Italy and the rise of anti EU political parties across the EU are all overwhelming measures of its success.

This thread is 7,500 pages in, full of bitterness and rancour.......another EU success story.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's not all bitterness and rancour. There's quite a bit of definition, discussion and analysis of facts on here. It's just certain posters don't want to take part :shrug:

My guess is that we would see real bitterness and rancour if you weren't so successful in the capitalist markets you despise.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I fancy the non-sit hover method. Less spread of anal juices. Must have well fit hamstrings and muscular thighs.

You obviously know what you're talking about so there is no way [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] would engage in discussion with someone such as yourself :wink:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
You could say that but NATO membership or signing international treaties are not the same as EU membership. If you can show how NATO or any other treaty we are signed up to regularly allows law to go straight on the statute book without approval by Parliament I would concede the point.

You won’t though.

You understand full well the point I am making so if it's all right with you I will leave you to talk among yourself.

Cracking cup tie at Stamford Bridge btw.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I thought you had a crystal ball. Why hasnt it told you exactly what is happening on the 29th of next month?

She knows exactly what is going to happen

MYSTIC-MEG_2882318b.jpg

It's people such as yourself, who after 2.5 years, with 6 weeks to go, still can't decide what you voted for :lolol:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Honda decision has everything to do with Brexit

Japanese companies choose the UK as the access point into the EU

Brexit means that access point is either not the same or at worse completely lost

Japan and EU have agreed a new trade deal

Japanese companies have three options;

1. Stay in the UK and risk tariffs
2. Relocate operations to mainland Europe within the EU
3. Return production to Japan

Car production is infrastructure heavy and as such it's must be cheaper to return where your production lines are already set up than build new ones on mainland Europe

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm getting confused by this Honda news. I'm sure someone told us 6 months ago, that it would be 15 years before the EU and Japan agreed a deal.

Now if only I could remember who it was,

Give me a minute and it'll come to me :lolol:

God,you Losers are so stupid it really is remarkable you remember to breathe.Try reading things first before crowing about an EU/Japan free trade deal-it doesn't exist!An agreement in principle has been reached,that is all.It could take up to 15 years to implement,and I doubt the EU will still exist by then.:lolol:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
She knows exactly what is going to happen

View attachment 104728

It's people such as yourself, that after 2.5 years, with 6 weeks to go, still can't decide what you voted for :lolol:

Perhaps one day she will tell you exactly what is happening on the 29th and you can share with the class.
I will just stick with the law as it currently stands.The European Communities Act 1972 is repealed at 11pm and we exit the EU with or without a deal.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Perhaps one day she will tell you exactly what is happening on the 29th and you can share with the class.
I will just stick with the law as it currently stands.The European Communities Act 1972 is repealed at 11pm and we exit the EU with or without a deal.

So what did you vote for, with or without a deal ?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
interesting point you make there, this is to do with EU-Japan trade deal making production outside Japan unnecessary, so factory closes regardless of UK's EU status. which is a shame as for decades they've been making a very reliable car that beat others in class.

The closure has been rumoured down here for a couple of years, so its not so much of a surprise, The EU - Japan trade deal has been blamed ( mostly) as Honda can now export free of taxes from Japan to the EU..
If it was a brexit thing would they not just move production to a cheaper EU state?

Thing is only 6 months ago the CEO of Honda ( Europe) said production will remain in the UK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here