Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Bloc Party at Concorde2 when they toured Silent Alarm first time around is one of most very favourite gigs. Probably can't afford to see them this time. Do you know how much the tickets are?

Google is your friend .... starting price at a hefty £33.45 incl booking fee.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Bloc Party at Concorde2 when they toured Silent Alarm first time around is one of most very favourite gigs. Probably can't afford to see them this time. Do you know how much the tickets are?

I saw them at the NME tour I think in 05 when it was them The Killers, Kaiser Chiefs and the Futureheads. Not a bad line up.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
I saw them at the NME tour I think in 05 when it was them The Killers, Kaiser Chiefs and the Futureheads. Not a bad line up.

I was there for that gig...you're right about not a bad line up...

Thinking of getting a ticket for Dodgy @ Concorde 2 in early March but only to see babybird...his turn at the indie festival at Stanmer Park is in my all time top 3 gigs/performances (Fad Gadget @ The Garage and My Morning Jacket @ Conc 2 the others )

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I was there for that gig...you're right about not a bad line up...

Thinking of getting a ticket for Dodgy @ Concorde 2 in early March but only to see babybird...his turn at the indie festival at Stanmer Park is in my all time top 3 gigs/performances (Fad Gadget @ The Garage and My Morning Jacket @ Conc 2 the others )

Yeah i was there too. Bloc Party sounded superb that night. Will also be getting tickets for Brighton Centre and the Interpol gig too hopefully. Sunday at Love Supreme on the list too with Lauren Hill. What an album Miseducation of Lauren Hill.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Blood Red Shoes (honourary one of our own) supported by Beach Riot (definitely one of our own) in Kingston last night. Both very good indeed. BRS new stuff much fuller sound with 4-piece band.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
First gig tickets of the year booked. Interpol at the Dome & Bloc Party at the Centre. I seem to have become very unadventurous in my old age in terms of gigs. I've lost track of what smaller bands are worth watching as I'm not really buying an awful lot of albums anymore.

Jul 7, 2003
The Lewes Con Club have some interesting gigs coming up including Jah Wobble and the Urban Voodoo Machine

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
First gig tickets of the year booked. Interpol at the Dome & Bloc Party at the Centre. I seem to have become very unadventurous in my old age in terms of gigs. I've lost track of what smaller bands are worth watching as I'm not really buying an awful lot of albums anymore.
You think that’s bad - I’ve got tickets for Bob Mould, Robert Forster, Thurston Moore and Steve Kilbey so far - they’re all the wrong side of sixty!
Also considering Fontaine’s DC, Delines, Rozi Plain who are all a bit younger!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead at The Haunt on February 11th is my next gig.

Hard to believe that it is the 20th anniversary tour of 'Madonna', generally believed to be their best album. I saw them at The Komedia and the Concorde back in the 90s, and they were great.

Really looking forward to this.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
.....and Steve Mason

....and Kristin Hersh (who promises to be loud on this occasion)

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead at The Haunt on February 11th is my next gig.

Hard to believe that it is the 20th anniversary tour of 'Madonna', generally believed to be their best album. I saw them at The Komedia and the Concorde back in the 90s, and they were great.

Really looking forward to this.

This has escaped me completely. Hope it’s not sold out.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
....and Kristin Hersh (who promises to be loud on this occasion)[/QUOTE]

She's touring with a band (Fred Abong was with her in Throwing Muses and Rob Ahler in 50 Foot Wave) so should be noisy! Seeing her in March in Reading.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Low are doing an in store Thursday tea time. Tickets issued 1 per person from Resident tomorrow morning. 150 available.
I don't know if I can be arsed

morematey

Jun 28, 2017
Low are doing an in store Thursday tea time. Tickets issued 1 per person from Resident tomorrow morning. 150 available.
I don't know if I can be arsed

Got tickets for their evening gig and so will skip. Anyone who missed out on tickets though would be mad not to see them for free at Resident!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here