Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Trump BLIMP over Westminster

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
khanage.png

Just waiting for Citizen Khan to try and ban this one,particularly if it does carry a giant inflatable knife!:lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I’m not personally embarrassed, but embarrassed for our country on the world stage. I have no love for Trump but this is just pathetic and childish. The words laughing stock spring to mind, but I expect that you hate those too.

The world is laughing, but with us, not against us.

Apart from some Aussies, which surprises me, as I always thought Aussies had a great sense of humour.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the balloon represents the anti-Trump feeling that the majority of this country have.

If he were a skilful politician he could diffuse the issue and win friends by championing this as a representation of free speech to which the USA and the UK both hold dear. I don't expect that to happen.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I wonder what Lewes bonfire has planned for this year, and whether they’ve got permission for their usually brilliant caricatures from all the right wing snowflakes complaining about a balloon that is a lot more respectful than anything Lewes has ever done.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm sure there is no legal reason but I can't believe its the route the Mayor of London should be taking. I'm guessing he would veto a giant 'Up Yours Delores' flag when Macron pops over, the playing of the South Korea V Germany game on all big screens on a loop in London when Merkel comes or a giant inflatable Putin in a nappy if Vlad were to pop over. All of these scenarios are equally as puerile as the Trump one but it seems that everyone thinks its quite funny when it is in fact 4th rate comedy just because its Trump and 'We don't like him' .We're quite imaginative in this country. Surely we could come up with something better if we really want to protest and what exactly are we expecting to achieve anyway? Like it or not its handy to have the Americans as an ally which is far better than a giant blimp in the air but perhaps that's just me.

Khan has allowed this because it's personal. It wouldn't be allowed for any other leader of any other country.

Pay for a giant flag when Macron visits and test your theory. Otherwise. It's just an opinion.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I doubt it'll rile Trump up too much, he's notoriously thick-skinned and able to laugh off perceived jibes in good grace and humour rather than rant on Twitter about such things endlessly.

Oh, wait, hang on...that was the previous guy, wasn't it?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Apart from some Aussies, which surprises me, as I always thought Aussies had a great sense of humour.

The Trump Blimp is funny. It's the protesters that look like sad wankers.

Plenty of parasitic Royals have come out here over the years. Never thought it was worth the effort to go protest them though. Plenty more fun things to do than protest surely?

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So some people think Khan should have STOPPED people from their right to peaceful protests?

I wonder how the people who are angry at Khan not banning this protest would have reacted had he banned the Tommy Robinson one a few weeks ago?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003

I don’t think that with the volatile state that the world is in, that it is a laughing matter, unless you’re the leaders of Russia or China who will be splitting their sides at the prospect of the USA and its allies falling apart.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here