Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
He is an Oxford academic who is researching Immigration and deportation. Campaigning? This is an article from the Guardian, which is hardly campaigning.
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...d-javid-windrush-deportation-criminal-jamaica

There is nothing in his tweet to say the person is a convicted criminal. You have jumped to that conclusion because of the Oxford academic's research work, and certainly nothing to suggest the person is a rapist! The tweet doesn't even say it is a male.

I didnt say he was a rapist dummy, have a look at the word maybe and the question mark.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Our glorious leader is in Strasbourg tonight meeting with Juncker ... wait for it, wait for it ..

may_peace_in_our_time.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1105211805683589120[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
'how constructive ERG and DUP are willing to be'

:lolol:

Oh bless, that's me finished for the day, I'm going bed.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yes i did, that is the guy who is being deported back to Jamaica, a convicted criminal. The people Noronha campaigns to not be deported back to Jamaica.
I dont care if he left there when he was three. His residency here was a privilage, i wonder what the conviction was that saw him sent back to Jamaica. Rapist maybe? Drug dealer?.......you tell me.

'A privilege' ? What lofty, superior, drivel. Your residency here is by accident of birth. You are no more entitled than him.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Good, You should have come to grips with it ending by now, its not as if May woke up one morning and on a whim decided she was going to make it her life’s work to end free movement.

Well well well, according to that remoaners have high levels of neuroticism…..imagine my surprise.

Noronha campaigns against dual national convicted criminals, amongst them rapists, murderers, drug pushers and wife beaters being deported back to Jamaica. Since you have brought your pet fad hobby into the brexit thread, what was the conviction that you find spurious that led to the deportation?

If you resent being British and pine for what they have the other side of the channel you know where the door is.

You should have got to grips with being in the EU, it's not as if we woke up one morning and suddenly we were all Europeans.

Neuroticism is a higher than average experience of negative emotions, I put it down to having a grasp on reality while you lot are in denial.

I don't want to go down your side street and debate the rights and wrongs of deporting people with British Citizenship, but if it isn't a punishment available to give to other British Citizens, then there is a question of whether it is reasonable punishment for any British Citizen, we ended transportation to the colonies in the 1800's.

I resent you being British.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Rather disappointing headline from the BBC - are they not even watching their own BBC News channel? Starmer has effectively just demolished the idea that the 'deal' itself has changed (and he wasn't contradicted by Lidlington). It's flummery around assurances and so on that have changed.

So a Labour politician disagrees with a Tory, and we'll take that as gospel? I reserve judgement even though I think the whole thing is a terrible mess.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Rather disappointing headline from the BBC - are they not even watching their own BBC News channel? Starmer has effectively just demolished the idea that the 'deal' itself has changed (and he wasn't contradicted by Lidlington). It's flummery around assurances and so on that have changed.

Indeed. Can't see the ERG and DUP sucking it up and most of Labour will vote against it....unless there's more to come.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
So a Labour politician disagrees with a Tory, and we'll take that as gospel? I reserve judgement even though I think the whole thing is a terrible mess.

No, you're right. But, whatever your politics - Starmer is quite impressive at his detailed dismantling, and his fairly cool approach was much more persuasive than Lidington's bluster. What was damning is that when asked outright if there any changes whatsoever to the deal (as May promised there will be), Lidington was unable to answer. Which usually means 'No'.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
'reduces the risk the UK could be deliberately held in the Northern Ireland backstop indefinitely...'

doesn't sound like the cast iron agreement promised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here