Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] British IS Girl wanting to return to the UK

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
i think this Facebook viral post, if correct, sums up why i've been feeling so uneasy about all hatred directed towards this young girl.

View attachment 104880

Her life is not over. We are only her first option. She would have witnessed ISIS beheading people on the news and the internet before she travelled there so it wasn't a surprise to her that it was happening. Were you less sensitive about people being beheaded when you were 15?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
i think this Facebook viral post, if correct, sums up why i've been feeling so uneasy about all hatred directed towards this young girl.

View attachment 104880

I saw a Tweet from a young lady this week, I can't find it now but I found what she said very moving and upsetting.
Not sure of the exact words but she said. ( something like this )
"When I was 15 I survived the Manchester bomb attack, but I saw my best friend blown up and killed "

I have no sympathy for Shamina Begum I'm afraid.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You cannot intentionally make somebody stateless. She is not a Bangladesh citizen. She is a UK problem. Let her back in and deal with any issues appropriately through the law if necessary and/or a deradicalisation programme. Don't try and abdicate our responsibility by dumping her on some other country that is not, and should not have to be responsible for her.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I saw a Tweet from a young lady this week, I can't find it now but I found what she said very moving and upsetting.
Not sure of the exact words but she said. ( something like this )
"When I was 15 I survived the Manchester bomb attack, but I saw my best friend blown up and killed "

I have no sympathy for Shamina Begum I'm afraid.

If she is complicit, then neither do I. I'm just not sure she is, and I won't convict her until convinced.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You cannot intentionally make somebody stateless. She is not a Bangladesh citizen. She is a UK problem. Let her back in and deal with any issues appropriately through the law if necessary and/or a deradicalisation programme. Don't try and abdicate our responsibility by dumping her on some other country that is not, and should not have to be responsible for her.

I agree.

International law is pretty clear about statelessness. And if she does not have a Bangladesh citizenship then it’s pretty clear what needs to happen. In a round about way, I’m happy Javid has done this, as the U.K. really does seem to have a grossly inflated idea of its standing in the world, and it’s value to the world, at the moment. It needs to realise this; and the hard smack down resulting from Javid’s actions will go part of this way to achieving this. And everyone will benefit from this.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Headline in the Times today about her regret. It would come as no surprise if she back-tracked. However, her expression of regret isn't for joining a murderous terrorist group, but rather for talking to the press.???

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Headline in the Times today about her regret. It would come as no surprise if she back-tracked. However, her expression of regret isn't for joining a murderous terrorist group, but rather for talking to the press.???

She is brainwashed. There may never be regret for that. She should be locked up until she can prove that she is not a fundamentalist anymore.

She needs to be put through the U.K. court system and her baby needs to be taken into care before it dies like her other two.

Javid will loose the court case as is the usual precedent so taking away her citizenship is just stalling on the end outcome (at the tax payers expense).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fear not everyone she is fine.

The BBC just showed an interview with her husband who says she poses no threat and has just sat in a room for three years...................

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I say we quite clearly tell her to **** off. Don’t offer her alternatives. Don’t try and solve her problems for her. Balls to her. What message would granting her pleas give out? Yeah, trot off on a whim to join the biggest threat to the West since the dark armies of the third reich attempted to plunge the world into Hell but when you’ve had your fill just come on back?

Tell her to ram it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If she is complicit, then neither do I. I'm just not sure she is, and I won't convict her until convinced.

Ahh, well. Were the female SS guards, nurses and radio operators “complicit” in what happened at Treblinka, Sobibor and Majdanek?

If you throw your hat in with a bunch of ideological maniacs, pass severed heads on your way to do the shopping and bunk up with a gun toting jihadi who spends his days trying to kill the kaffur then, I’d say, you’re damned committed.

Incidentally. Her other half has popped up now saying he wants to take her and her interestingly named sprog back to Arnhem with him. If there’s one European nation soppy enough to take them in it’s the Dutch. Breaks my heart that so many Paras lost their lives trying to liberate Arnhem only to have this shitbag spit in their graves.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Ahh, well. Were the female SS guards, nurses and radio operators “complicit” in what happened at Treblinka, Sobibor and Majdanek?

If you throw your hat in with a bunch of ideological maniacs, pass severed heads on your way to do the shopping and bunk up with a gun toting jihadi who spends his days trying to kill the kaffur then, I’d say, you’re damned committed.

Incidentally. Her other half has popped up now saying he wants to take her and her interestingly named sprog back to Arnhem with him. If there’s one European nation soppy enough to take them in it’s the Dutch. Breaks my heart that so many Paras lost their lives trying to liberate Arnhem only to have this shitbag spit in their graves.

wow - you really could start an argument in an empty room. I would just want to be sure that she did not have, figuratively speaking, a gun to her head that made her feel that she had to go, or that she was not so brainwashed that she simply could not see right from wrong. I choose not to live in such a black and white world, because it isn't. We have different outlooks, that's all, and if she did go in sound mind and of her own free will, then yes, she can lie in the bed that she made for herself.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-reported-to-have-died-in-syrian-refugee-camp

The infant son of Shamima Begum is reported to have died in a Syrian refugee camp three weeks after the teenager from east London turned Islamic State devotee gave birth.

Her laywer, Tasnime Akunjee, told the Guardian: “We have strong but as yet unconfirmed reports that Shamima Begum’s son has died. He was a British citizen.”

The boy, named Jarah after one of Begum’s two other children who also died, is believed to have died on Friday morning.

If confirmed, his death will draw fresh questions about conditions in Syrian refugee camps and cast the spotlight on the protection of some of the world’s most vulnerable children.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Genuine question. Would the child automatically be a British citizen, even if the birth had not been registered? She can't have registered him in Britain and not sure if there is a registration office in the Syrian camp..
My mate emigrated to the US and his wife gave birth and I'm pretty sure the kids have dual citizenship now. But he would have registered them in the US and possibly ticked a box there to say he wants them to be dual citizens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here