Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Still flumping level 3

31.1.19 Snowfall.jpg

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My son got home from a friend's house and pursuaded me to make a snowman with him. It's currently sitting in the middle of the road. So far cars have driven round it

IMG_20190131_232628.jpg

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yes. A secondary area of precipitation had formed behind the front and we've got heavy L3 Large snow here but because of this.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I can't help but feel I am a little late to the party, but the snow has just started here, 3 miles from Saffron Walden.

L1, gusting to L2.

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
go on .......get yer nighty off and go and roll in it ....!!

Like Sydney (I suspect) I admit to being somewhat amused by the excitement and alarm at flumpage and an inch or two of snow, not to mention the withdrawal of city bus services. I do remember what it's like back in the Mother Country when an inch of snow paralyzes the country.

Although I live in a flumpage-free location now, we do have hurricanes, tsunamis and earthquakes that can interrupt the tanning and luau routine. But before I washed ashore here 20 years ago I lived in Southern Colorado amidst the Rocky Mountains where flumpage happened in feet, not inches. One winter the only way for my 2 hounds to exit the cabin was onto the snowdrift outside from an upper floor window. There were feet of fresh snow on the ground. Even if we had buses or trains the hardy mountain men of the West for sure would have kept them running at all costs. Cah!

Aye, you yoong-uns have it in luxury.

Wrap up warm round the neck y'all.:thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Like Sydney (I suspect) I admit to being somewhat amused by the excitement and alarm at flumpage and an inch or two of snow, not to mention the withdrawal of city bus services. I do remember what it's like back in the Mother Country when an inch of snow paralyzes the country.

Although I live in a flumpage-free location now, we do have hurricanes, tsunamis and earthquakes that can interrupt the tanning and luau routine. But before I washed ashore here 20 years ago I lived in Southern Colorado amidst the Rocky Mountains where flumpage happened in feet, not inches. One winter the only way for my 2 hounds to exit the cabin was onto the snowdrift outside from an upper floor window. There were feet of fresh snow on the ground. Even if we had buses or trains the hardy mountain men of the West for sure would have kept them running at all costs. Cah!

Aye, you yoong-uns have it in luxury.

Wrap up warm round the neck y'all.:thumbsup:

Buses - photos online of B&H buses that have spun round, blocking Elm Grove and Walpole Road.

All the regularly snowy and cold parts of the world are able to spend £100m’s on snow clearing equipment and personnel. Plus many of those places have strict laws on winter tyres and snow chains. That would be a waste of public money in mild Southern England, where snow’s a relative rarity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here