Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] “Speedy boarders; also known as tossers”

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
As a regular "Speedy Boarder " I'm quite content to be called a tosser by the tight wads/less fortunates in the economy queue. The concept of speedy boarding does unravel when you have to get an airport bus from the terminal to the plane but hey, it's not the end of the world!! I fly a lot and am prepared to pay a premium to reduce hassle wherever possible.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Given that you are nigh-on certainly a speedy boarder I'd say he has quite a strong argument, no?

Good point, well made. :lolol:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Sure it's been said n this thread already, but yes I'm a speedy boarder - purely so i'm guaranteed to get my hand luggage on the flight.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
sorry but that bit at least is bollox. The number of speedy boarders mean they queue with each other to be first through the gate desk, then they queue to get through the gate, they then have to queue (albeit at the front) to get onto the plane. I just move vaguely quickly when its obvious we are about to board and am generally not far behind you and i don't pay for it. Don't have a man bag either. (bit european of you).

Yes and no, it depends which airport you’re at and when you arrive at the gate. Eg I was at Gatwick yesterday and breezed up to the front of the gate queue and there were no SBs ahead of me, but still around 100 regular punters behind. Straight through, no queuing, and I then took a seat. I then walked onto the plane when they started boarding with a group of other speedy boarders ie no queuing. That said, some SBs had queued to be first to speedy board but that’s their, imho pointless, choice. I then sat down in my seat and read whilst everyone else slowly got on the plane in single file, got frustrated with overhead cabin space etc and did the usual “can anyone identify this luggage” routine.

No man-bag? Where do you put your wallet, keys, phone, brolly/shades, reading material?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Flying to the Arctic? Isn't that just exacerbating the problem of the disappearing ice? ****s me off that there is no VAT on aviation fuel.

That's a call for governments shirley? Punters don't make the rules anymore than in a thousand other aspects of life :shrug:

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Speedy boarding is an advantage on some airlines. I personally don't mind waiting or having to check my luggage. Arrive in good time and there is no point rushing around in airports, desperate to get your seat, your luggage etc. I just slow down, take it easy, it takes as long as it takes. Much less stressful than constantly fretting whether you're gonna be first in line.

Besides with my Irish passport I'll be whizzing through airports while the unwashed masses stand in a 2 hour queue miffed that their new blue passport hasn't got them ahead of all the brown folks. Happy days. :lolol::p

At least we won’t have to keep bailing u out though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
They are not tossers. They pay their money and have their reasons. It's like saying all early leavers are Tossers. Generalizing.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Speedy boarding? I’d rather be LAST on the plane, just as long as I can get my bag in the overhead.

That's me - I call myself a ''Polite Boarder'' - I let everyone on before me. I just sit there and don't even get up off my seat until I think everyone has boarded fully then just get up and just walk on and put my bag under the seat in front. They only thing I do do is book a window seat to ensure that I don't need to get up and let people pass me to go for a piss in flight. Don't understand why people can't just go to the loo before they get on a flight. Especially the shorter flights

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't need to get up and let people pass me to go for a piss in flight. Don't understand why people can't just go to the loo before they get on a flight. Especially the shorter flights

That’ll be the couple of hours smashing pints in the airside Wetherspoons

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon the budget airline cabin baggage policy should be reversed completely. Pay a premium to bring your luggage on board, or put it in the hold for free. Customer behaviour would change overnight, making it less of a scrum for everyone.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
That's me - I call myself a ''Polite Boarder'' - I let everyone on before me. I just sit there and don't even get up off my seat until I think everyone has boarded fully then just get up and just walk on and put my bag under the seat in front. They only thing I do do is book a window seat to ensure that I don't need to get up and let people pass me to go for a piss in flight. Don't understand why people can't just go to the loo before they get on a flight. Especially the shorter flights

I always go for a wee. I don't need to but if I sit still for more than about 90 minutes I get pain in my knees so I go to the loo in order to stretch my legs.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
A few years ago Mrs Chopper and I were waiting in the departure lounge at Tenerife, we are proper patient travellers who could not care less about queuing up and rushing to be first on like so many total tossers that travel nowadays, after all its only a few hours, its not like we are flying to New Zealand is it.
Anyhows, there we were and as soon as the gate number came up a family rushed to the gate,giving it the look at us, we are going to be on first attitude.
30 minutes or so later, many more had joined the queue, but as the plane landed, i noticed that they had changed the gate to one right at the other end, but of course the tossers had not noticed, we strolled up to the new gate and waited for 10 minutes before boarding, guess who was at the back of the queue.
Airlines introducing all this speedy boarding just allows the tossers that travel to be behave like, well, tossers.
Just do it all online before you go, pay for a bag in the hold if you wish, take the right size cabin bag and relax.
I enjoy watching the speedy i must be on first and have my legroom tossers.
I watched 633 Squadron yesterday, there was not much legroom for 2 people in that Mosquito cockpit was there, and they had a bit more than a bit of scar tissue on their knee to worry about.
Many of the British have changed from sensible cool travellers in to snowflake, pissed up, selfish, gloating, tossers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here