Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The fact that Bens Grandad and TSB both think Knocky to Fulham for £15 Mil, is a good deal for us, confirms for me that it is a bad deal for us.

I have a feeling that Knocky is just about back on an even keel emotionally, and I hope he stays and plays.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The fact that Bens Grandad and TSB both think Knocky to Fulham for £15 Mil, is a good deal for us, confirms for me that it is a bad deal for us.

I have a feeling that Knocky is just about back on an even keel emotionally, and I hope he stays and plays.
Can you imagine the state of the club if those two where in charge we would be a team of 9 CB’s with Ashley Barnes up top.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bernardo has already hinted at Potter’s expected tactics of the constant swapping from a back 4 to a back 3 as well as players playing new positions. With no more signings, I think the Squad vs Positions would look more like this:

GK(3) - Ryan, Button, Steele

LB(2) - Bernardo, Bong

LWB (2) - Bernardo, Suttner

CB(5) - Dunk, Duffy, Burn, Balogun, Clarke

RB(2) - Montoya, Balogun, Schelotto

RWB (2) - Schelotto, March

CM(4) - Pröpper, Bissouma, Kayal, Stephens

ACM(2) - Groß, Trossard

Left Inside Forward(3) - Trossard, Izqueirdo, Locadia

Right Inside Forward (2) - Alireza, March.

Left Wing (2) Izquierdo, Trossard

Right Wing (2) - March, Alireza

CF(3) - Murray, Andone, Connolly
That's interesting. It highlights that we really may not do much more recruitment - although that doesn't rule out a couple of improvements on those listed - and specifically that Trossard could well be the ACM cover there is still a lot of NSC clamour for.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can you imagine the state of the club if those two where in charge we would be a team of 9 CB’s with Ashley Barnes up top.
And players would be sold on with the parting boot out the door of "league 1 at best".

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
To be fair Ashley Barnes is a bad example in that context. We let him go in the cheap because "he's championship at best" and he spends the next 3 seasons banging in goals in the Prem.
Maybe, although Barnes is a hero for picking up the odd petulant red card. Knockhaert on the other hand should be sold for a packet of crisps.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The state of some of our fans. On the one hand they for some reason believe Locadia, Andone and Ali J will be transformed into world beaters under Potter, and on the other they think we should bin off 'Championship' Knockaert.

Fickle ****ing idiots.

If he flops under Potter a whole host of Championship teams will fancy him in January. Absolutely no need to sell him now.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Knockaert 'has to go' because he is 'inconsistent' - only really good one game in two or three.

Yet the absolutely 'consistent' (no good games in twenty) Alireza is just primed to 'come good'.

:rolleyes:

The haters are gonna hate all because he got sent of a couple of times. Wingers are naturally the most inconsistent players yet he’s meant to perform week in week out as you say idiots.

It's incredible isn't it. Knockaert almost has become some sort of hate figure because of 2 reds and because he's not torn up the division. Even a worldy winner at Selhurst can't please someone.

15m is roughly the same as the likes of Locadia, Izquierdo, Ali J and Trossard. Absolutely no need to sell at that price unless Potter really thinks he's not up to it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I started at the beginning of the thread but only got this far because you three have summed up exactly where I am too. To sell a player who was WAY better than Ali J last season for less than we bought the Iranian flop for makes absolutely no sense. If we're going to be playing proper attacking football next season Knocky's absolutely going to love it here.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I totally agree. He is a great player, and we all love him, but he simply is not good enough for the PL. I was hoping he’d do better, but apart from the odd game, he’s come up short.
I think he’s perfect for the Championship. He has the skill and the ability at that level to shine, but not against the best defenders in the world, which is what he’s up against in the PL. it’s just a step too far for him.
If he goes, I wish him all the best, and thanks for the memories.

This sums it up well and at £15m makes good business sense as we have had the good years out of him but that is not to say that he wont have more in The Championship.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This sums it up well and at £15m makes good business sense as we have had the good years out of him but that is not to say that he wont have more in The Championship.

Except the best years were when we attacked other teams. Do you really have no interest in seeing how he does under Potter? I accept that he may not be a top PL player, but how many of our squad are?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
That's interesting. It highlights that we really may not do much more recruitment - although that doesn't rule out a couple of improvements on those listed - and specifically that Trossard could well be the ACM cover there is still a lot of NSC clamour for.

It all seems unbalanced to me, short of a proper right back, left-sided defensive midfield and second striker and a mobile target man.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Except the best years were when we attacked other teams. Do you really have no interest in seeing how he does under Potter? I accept that he may not be a top PL player, but how many of our squad are?

Its a gamble,but perhaps £15m is too good to turn down for him especially if Naylor is right and we won't always play with 2 wingers.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Top PL player? The answer is none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I would go as far as to say Knocky, despite his red card aberration, made a massive positive contribution to our PL survival last season. Ask yourself this, would any club pay £15m for his main competition on the right, Ali J, as of now? The answer is a definite No, so Knocky can only go if replaced, or we weaken the squad, which we just cannot afford to do....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Its a gamble,but perhaps £15m is too good to turn down for him especially if Naylor is right and we won't always play with 2 wingers.
Absolutely.

You can only sell a player if there is a buyer or if you slash the price to get a buyer.

Albion don't tend to slash prices to 'get rid', so anyone dreaming of selling a different player instead could well be disappointed.

The ITK Iranian journalist/agent source has already stated that Alireza isn't accepting any offers from other clubs and wants to stay - so it will take a high wage offer to move him on.

The manager who wanted Locadia at Fenebache is now at Derby - so best extinguish desire to move him on at an acceptable albion price.

Everything is aligned for Knocky to go - albion, Fulham, and seamingly Knockaert himself.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here