Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Harry Wilson

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not convinced we are after another winger tbh.

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would love Wilson, but it would definitely mean 1 on the way out.

I would take Wilson for his free kick and set piece delivery alone.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Disconcertingly the 'do' is not a million miles from mine, aged 14.

Was that by personal choice or one forced on you by your parents?
You may have even been a victim of the parental policy of enforced sartorial "hand-me-downs" which was still quite prevalent in the 70s and a practice which in some circumstances could be considered a form of emotional and physical child abuse.

I particularly remember living in fear of the day my older sister grew out of a pair of her summer sandals after a passing comment made by my mother which suggested that was their ultimate destiny. It caused me considerable inner anxiety for at least a couple of years and I lived in genuine perpetual fear of the day when I would inherit those sandals and be forced to wear them. When the day came that my sister eventually outgrew them the sandals remained in the house and I was left feeling taunted by their daily presence, especially in the summer months, with the approach of autumn offering a slightly colder comfort.

Fortunately I was never ultimately subjected to the shame of being forced to wear a pair of girly second hand sandals as I always ensured that I donned a pair of shoes in the morning as soon as possible before an alternative could be suggested. I was nonetheless emotionally scarred and the experience is still seared in my memory over forty years later.

Who would have thought that a thread about a potential summer signing could have opened up such old wounds buried in my sub-conscious. I will have to use NSC with greater caution in the future.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Genuinely never heard of him but pleased we're linked with someone who has experience of English football for once!!!!

Any good?

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
You may have even been a victim of the parental policy of enforced sartorial "hand-me-downs" which was still quite prevalent in the 70s and a practice which in some circumstances could be considered a form of emotional and physical child abuse.

I particularly remember living in fear of the day my older sister grew out of a pair of her summer sandals after a passing comment made by my mother which suggested that was their ultimate destiny. It caused me considerable inner anxiety for at least a couple of years and I lived in genuine perpetual fear of the day when I would inherit those sandals and be forced to wear them. When the day came that my sister eventually outgrew them the sandals remained in the house and I was left feeling taunted by their daily presence, especially in the summer months, with the approach of autumn offering a slightly colder comfort.

Fortunately I was never ultimately subjected to the shame of being forced to wear a pair of girly second hand sandals as I always ensured that I donned a pair of shoes in the morning as soon as possible before an alternative could be suggested. I was nonetheless emotionally scarred and the experience is still seared in my memory over forty years later.

Who would have thought that a thread about a potential summer signing could have opened up such old wounds buried in my sub-conscious. I will have to use NSC with greater caution in the future.
Transphobe.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
An early hero, who played all his games in the north of England apart from a rampaging 130 for the Albion in the seventies. We were all wild about him. He was born in 1953 so your age estimate is bang on.

If my memory is correct, one of Clough and Taylor's first signings together with one Ronnie Welch from Burnley's reserves for a then whopping 70,000 pounds for the pair. Wilson was the better of the two. I don't think either Clough or Taylor had seen them play.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Sadly the 'do' was my selection. :ffsparr:

As the eldest, I was the giver of hand me downs rather than the recipient.

However, Tesco jeans rather than Levis, etc., I was glad to get shot of them.

The kids of todays (etc)....
:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here