Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Good Chris Hughton interview today

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I thought it was rather naughty of Mr Nice Guy to say he was shocked that he was sacked... pure self-interest in his job hunt I suppose, but still utter bolleaux...

Not sure what Hughton has done to annoy you so much you're writing posts saying he's a liar, talks bollocks, and he acted purely in self interest. But there you are.
Good grief.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yes. He's an experienced coach and manager and you're not enamoured. Fair enough.

So, just for the record, you accept that being a coach is not the same as being a manager and that JRG was being disingenuous by describing him as one of the most experienced PL 'managers'!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So, just for the record, you accept that being a coach is not the same as being a manager and that JRG was being disingenuous by describing him as one of the most experienced PL 'managers'!

I don't know JRG but i imagine he said what he said in good faith.
As for the other stuff then i'm not sure where we've come as fans to be picking holes in the track record of one of our greatest ever managers but it seems we are. Does it really matter that much. ? If so then yes . Of course a coach is not the same as an u21 coach or a first team coach or an assistant manager or a caretaker manager etc etc. Good grief again. has it really come to this ?

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
For some reason you want to argue that Hughton is flawed (arguing about how experienced he is and the difference between a coach and a manager - i ask you ) if anyone suggests otherwise. I guess we should leave it here.

The argument I'm making is that JRG stated something that is demonstrably incorrect and you seem incapable of acknowledging that through your CH tinted glasses.
For the record, he is not one of the most experience PL managers having only managed for 4 and half seasons. 4 of those were battling relegation.

I'm not arguing that he doesn't have a lot of coaching experience.

Finally, there is a massive difference between someone who coaches a team and reports to the manager and the manager himself. The latter makes all the decisions. I'm struggling to believe you genuinely don't think there is a difference.

EDIT. Posted just after your reply.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
As for the other stuff then i'm not sure where we've come as fans to be picking holes in the track record of one of our greatest ever managers but it seems we are. Does it really matter that much. ? If so then yes . Of course a coach is not the same as an u21 coach or a first team coach or an assistant manager or a caretaker manager etc etc. Good grief again. has it really come to this ?

JRG is a bit odd. Signed up for NSC 4 months after Hughton arrived, seems to have come from the same neck of the woods as him and I've hardly seen him post on any other thread. I'm guessing once CH has another job he'll be off. If someone posts things as facts when they are opinions then they should expect to be challenged.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Not sure what Hughton has done to annoy you so much you're writing posts saying he's a liar, talks bollocks, and he acted purely in self interest. But there you are.
Good grief.

Not sure why you are leaping to his defence so readily given our Tony correctly wielded the axe, but there you are. FFS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Chris deserves respect for all but his last few months with us. He also deserves criticism for everything post Dec last year. FFS.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I thought it was rather naughty of Mr Nice Guy to say he was shocked that he was sacked... pure self-interest in his job hunt I suppose, but still utter bolleaux...

A contact of mine who was at the training ground on the day of the sacking told me a few days later that CH was shocked and had had no idea it was coming. So the interview confirmed what I had been told by someone I trust more or less completely.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its perfectly plausible that CH was "shocked" that morning at being binned. Its not like he'd been summonsed in to an ominous unscheduled meeting. He was due in at the training ground that day anyway for a bit of a post-season rubdown before copping off to Benidorm for a few weeks, so of course he was shocked when TB rocked up and gave him the bullet.

The various semantic arguments on this thread over if he was "shocked" or if he's an experienced manager or not are textbook NSC :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Good grief.

I thought his tongue had been firmly in his cheek, mocking the knockers, but what do I now? Still, for counterbalance there are those who say Barber must 'of' lied to CH, explaining CH's surprise.

With the general level of thickness, conclusion jumping and unconscious bias on show in this thread one can more easily understand how the mess delivered by the Brexit referendum has come to pass.

I always thought that Jack and the Beanstalk was a panto. I'm beginning to think it might have been a documentary. :lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have a feeling of deja vu all over again.

The summary, oft repeated, is worth repeating again.

Just like it can come as a shock when, in a bad mariage one partner eventually says 'I'm sorry, I'm leaving you', it is quite feasible CH was shocked when he was sacked.

He was shocked, wasn't he. He said he was shocked. He was shocked. Shocked, it was, that he was. Shocked.

Hear hear! In total agreement (in fact I posted something similar umpteen pages ago) - it's amazing that some people just can't get this idea into their thick heads.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The argument I'm making is that JRG stated something that is demonstrably incorrect and you seem incapable of acknowledging that through your CH tinted glasses.
For the record, he is not one of the most experience PL managers having only managed for 4 and half seasons. 4 of those were battling relegation.

I'm not arguing that he doesn't have a lot of coaching experience.

Finally, there is a massive difference between someone who coaches a team and reports to the manager and the manager himself. The latter makes all the decisions. I'm struggling to believe you genuinely don't think there is a difference.

EDIT. Posted just after your reply.

I think you should go and find a House to Haunt - You would be damned good at it

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Chris deserves respect for all but his last few months with us. He also deserves criticism for everything post Dec last year. FFS.

He deserves criticism for beating Palace at Selhurst and getting to the FA Cup semi final?

Fair enough.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Hear hear! In total agreement (in fact I posted something similar umpteen pages ago) - it's amazing that some people just can't get this idea into their thick heads.

It’s amazing that some people are so naive... to actually believe he was shocked... incredible...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It’s amazing that some people are so naive... to actually believe he was shocked... incredible..

I find it incredible that some weird people can go on peddling their crackpot (and rather offensive) view that CH is a liar, and was lying about being shocked. Still, I suppose it would fit along with believing that the earth is flat and that the moon landings never happened.....................................

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I find it incredible that some weird people can go on peddling their crackpot (and rather offensive) view that CH is a liar, and was lying about being shocked. Still, I suppose it would fit along with believing that the earth is flat and that the moon landings never happened.....................................

BW/bw2 has form.
He did exactly the same insisting he knew all the reasons for the gross misconduct dismissal of Gus Poyet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here