Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I don’t want Dunk to go and at his age but if does it should top five to six club or a top European not a club of similar size.
Leicester may be similar in size but that's where similarities end.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think the only reason that Dunky is not currently a mainstay of the '' England Set Up '' is because it took Brighton too long to get to the PL. He was almost 27 by the time he got there and with Southgate having worked with the U21 set up before he became England Manager, he has a preference for younger players.

He should have moved to a PL Team at a younger age but I don't know that he was ready then. He is now a super defender but other players have come into the England set up before him and he might be a little too far down the pecking order at the moment that I think he will need to rely on injuries to get back in there.

The fact that he stayed with Brighton was great for Brighton because he was a major part of getting there. He is at a crossroads now and he is at his highest value he has ever been. It won't get any higher than it is now.

He was needed at Brighton to get them to the PL - If the right offer comes in now I don't see the Club fighting to keep him as much because Centre halves are easier to replace than the more ''gifted'' players and you can see that happening with the signing of younger centre halves.

I think if Brighton sell Dunk it would be a mistake but Brighton as a club have more of a ''longevity'' that Dunk's career so I think it would be understandable if he was sold when his Value is at it's Premium.

The strongest link of the team was the Dunk and Duffy partnership. Take that away, even one of them going and you delve into the unknown but the Club are there now anyhow so '' in for a penny, in for a pound '' as the saying goes.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think the only reason that Dunky is not currently a mainstay of the '' England Set Up '' is because it took Brighton too long to get to the PL. He was almost 27 by the time he got there and with Southgate having worked with the U21 set up before he became England Manager, he has a preference for younger players.

He should have moved to a PL Team at a younger age but I don't know that he was ready then. He is now a super defender but other players have come into the England set up before him and he might be a little too far down the pecking order at the moment that I think he will need to rely on injuries to get back in there.

The fact that he stayed with Brighton was great for Brighton because he was a major part of getting there. He is at a crossroads now and he is at his highest value he has ever been. It won't get any higher than it is now.

He was needed at Brighton to get them to the PL - If the right offer comes in now I don't see the Club fighting to keep him as much because Centre halves are easier to replace than the more ''gifted'' players and you can see that happening with the signing of younger centre halves.

I think if Brighton sell Dunk it would be a mistake but Brighton as a club have more of a ''longevity'' that Dunk's career so I think it would be understandable if he was sold when his Value is at it's Premium.

The strongest link of the team was the Dunk and Duffy partnership. Take that away, even one of them going and you delve into the unknown but the Club are there now anyhow so '' in for a penny, in for a pound '' as the saying goes.
Good teams are build on a solid defence. Top class central defenders are difficult to find, just look at Arsenal.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I can't believe people are saying we're a similar sized club to Leicester :lolol:
They're way ahead of us in every way you could think to measure it!

Fan-base similar... that's one way...

Big 6 for Dunky or stay... Leicester are not Big 6...

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I can't believe people are saying we're a similar sized club to Leicester :lolol:
They're way ahead of us in every way you could think to measure it!

Abolutely, take abundance of homophobic twats for example. Another league entirely.

The other Leicester they share a city with though, who we played not so long ago in the 3rd tier - we're more similar to them.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Abolutely, take abundance of homophobic twats for example. Another league entirely.

The other Leicester they share a city with though, who we played not so long ago in the 3rd tier - we're more similar to them.

That was the only season they've ever spent outside the top two divisions. We've spent the majority of our history in the bottom two divisions.

You can't just ignore the last 120 years of history and focus on the two times totaling 7 years that we happen to have a reasonably good following and play in the top division.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why would Dunk look better in a better team? He's a defender, and the main defender at that. Therefore he'll look better in a worse team. Play him in Man City and he won't have a lot to do and therefore less chance to shine.

Play him in a pub team and he'll be man of the match every time

I'm not saying he'd be picked for England if he was playing in a pub team, even I'm not that stupid, but I still think it makes little difference to his England chances as long as he is playing somewhere in the PL.

Players always improve, when they play with better quality team mates.

Except Zaha at ManU.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
You can't just ignore the last 120 years of history and focus on the two times totaling 7 years that we happen to have a reasonably good following and play in the top division.

We've had a good following for a total of 7 years? Must be supporting a different club to me. We've actually had better followings outside the top flight.

Not really disagreeing with the rest, only that it means next to absolutely **** all to players.

In the PL it's 6 and the rest, and the appeal of the rest is primarily sequenced by how much they pay. There is absolutely zero appeal made manifest by X club spending Y more years in Z division.

So this whole debate on what constitutes a 'big' club and who wins in a 1v1 of bigness is an embarassingly cringeworthy load of cobblers

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
That was the only season they've ever spent outside the top two divisions. We've spent the majority of our history in the bottom two divisions.

None of which has anything to do with the 'size' of a club. Our infrastructure and support is more than comparable, our catchment area arguably significantly bigger.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Leicester have won the premier league, have 3 league cup wins and have reached 4 FA Cup finals.

Anybody who doesn’t think they’re a bigger club than us is f*cking deluded. We’re the second smallest club in the Prem ffs.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Leicester have won the premier league, have 3 league cup wins and have reached 4 FA Cup finals.

Anybody who doesn’t think they’re a bigger club than us is f*cking deluded. We’re the second smallest club in the Prem ffs.

On what basis? You see, there are multiple ways to measure club size, and you seem only fixated on trophies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here