Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glenn Murray ........... ????

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Think too much is being read into it. David Button has a training top without a number on either. First day back and someone cocked up sorting the training tops out. Murray is in the background of one of the photos (very blurred but blatantly him) and his shorts have a number on.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
"FFS he's never gonna pick me if I keep kicking it over the fence" :lolol:

Attachments

• Small.jpeg.jpg
    Small.jpeg.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 861

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Anyone suggesting that our most natural and prolific scorer (even at 35) does not have a significant amount to offer at the club next season is simply mad. Extra service from a more attacking philosophy might actually see Glenn go on and break more records. Granted he will not be the long term answer but at the moment he is the best striker on our books

Impact player, coming on with 25 minutes left, added danger, difficult to play against and knows where the goal is.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Where as anyone who doesn't think he's completely at odds with fast one touch counterattacking football is simply delusional.
But not only that they are denying themselves all the evidence, they saw with their own eyes, through 2019.

I think the idea we will play that way every game is delusional and Murray will have a role to play. Even fast counter attacking teams like Spurs have used players like Llorente to mix things up and like Murray he is hardly blistering with pace. You need options at this level.

As for 2019 interesting you really are surprised our strikers performances and goals dried up when the whole team was poor and had retreated into a negative defence pattern of play that rarely saw us cross the half way line or create shots on goal. Coincidence?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You've almost got excited, not seeing the no.17 anywhere...:whistle:

Evidence, what evidence?

As final memories go that should be one of the best.
Has a ball ever been struck sweeter.

Sadly though if the Progress Police on here get their way it won't be the final memory.
That'll be of a man unable to keep up with the speed of thought of his team mates, unable to hold onto the ball and unable to stay onside.

Reviewing this thread in 6 months time is going to be somewhat comical, as the last acolyte turns out the light.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Who's that strange man with arms folded impersonating our CHRIS ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As finally memories go that should be one of the best.

Sadly though if the Progress Police on here get their way it won't be the final memory.
That'll be of a man unable to keep up with the speed of thought of his team mates, unable to hold onto the ball and unable to stay onside.

Reviewing this thread in 6 months time is going to be somewhat comical, as the last acolyte turns out the light.

Careful Stat, this is starting to sound like an agenda. GM is a clever player with quite a bit of skill. Pace is a problem but to suggest he is not quick of thought is a step too far imo.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Careful Stat, this is starting to sound like an agenda. GM is a clever player with quite a bit of skill. Pace is a problem but to suggest he is not quick of thought is a step too far imo.

It's amazing, isn't it? SB is a loyal Albion fan - generally pro-club in most things, and yet is on a relentless, crushingly-dull crusade to talk down the contribution and worth of the most important striker in the club's history.

Genuinely strange.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

except you said all of this at the beginning of last season and the season before that and Glenn keeps proving us all wrong.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think the idea we will play that way every game is delusional and Murray will have a role to play. Even fast counter attacking teams like Spurs have used players like Llorente to mix things up and like Murray he is hardly blistering with pace. You need options at this level.

As for 2019 interesting you really are surprised our strikers performances and goals dried up when the whole team was poor and had retreated into a negative defence pattern of play that rarely saw us cross the half way line or create shots on goal. Coincidence?

You are Chris Hughton, and I claim £5.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

You've got less faith in Potter's judgement than I was led to believe.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Where as anyone who doesn't think he's completely at odds with fast one touch counterattacking football is simply delusional.
But not only that they are denying themselves all the evidence, they saw with their own eyes, through 2019.
The evidence from 2019 showed that Brighton were terrible. Pretty much none of that was due to Murray but you carry on as you know best. You are reminding me of an illustrious granddad atm.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here