Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Setting up against a one (2) man team - Palace 1-2 BHAFC

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Similar to an article I wrote analysing the Newcastle home game in detail, and how Hughton made significant tactical errors (for your viewing pleasure here if you haven't read it yet or want to relive: https://www.northstandchat.com/cont...lost-the-backing-of-Bloom-BHAFC-1-1-Newcastle) I've written a piece surrounding one of the best and most memorable performances of last year, away at Crystal Palace.

Heading to Selhurst Park, Hughton was well aware that if we wanted to get a result, we needed to keep Palace’s two danger men quiet. Albion employed a mid-block, looking to press Milivojevic when he dropped deep to receive the ball, and set pressing traps to intercept the ball, or to ensure Zaha was never isolated 1 v 1 against any Albion players.

You can read the piece HERE: https://www.northstandchat.com/cont...p-against-a-one-(2)-man-team-Palace-1-2-BHAFC

Hope you enjoy :albion2:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Top quality, as are your reports. A fascinating incite of what goes on that you don't really appreciate when you're watching live, but to read about it with the analysis and graphics afterwards, makes it incredibly interesting.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
One for [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] who still hasn’t acknowledged either game. Perhaps [MENTION=25756]Se20[/MENTION] & his fella [MENTION=27478]TypicalPalace[/MENTION] should have a read too:wave: ole ole ole 6 points, 6 points.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hang on - I thought Palace just GIFTED us those six points this season, so it never really counted properly. Is that not the narrative ?

Its all so confusing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hang on - I thought Palace just GIFTED us those six points this season, so it never really counted properly. Is that not the narrative ?

Its all so confusing.

It’s a common problem with interbred people I think - believe everything they make up on their little message boards - a genuine illness - go easy.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It’s a common problem with interbred people I think - believe everything they make up on their little message boards - a genuine illness - go easy.

Its a curious affliction for sure. They endlessly repeat myths to themselves so often, that in their minds it really does eventually become installed as fact.

Imagine going through life being unable to dissemble fiction from reality. Its pitiful.

No doubt the Goonsquad will be reporting back to BBS shortly, giggling manically like schoolgirls as they snide and snipe away amongst themselves. What an existence.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

From my perspective, in the aftermath of the season, the joke was that we didn’t need them, unlike Brighton. :)

Having endured both games, there was nothing gifted to Brighton, you deserved both wins (albeit the bloke that threaded the ball to Murray shouldn’t have still been on the pitch. ???)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
From my perspective, in the aftermath of the season, the joke was that we didn’t need them, unlike Brighton. :)

Having endured both games, there was nothing gifted to Brighton, you deserved both wins (albeit the bloke that threaded the ball to Murray shouldn’t have still been on the pitch. ???)

Threaded ? I thought Murray got on the end of a fairly agricultural hoof from one of our CB's, but I might be wrong.

The bloke who shouldn't have been on the pitch was the one who scored later on from 25 yards, if memory serves. But gracious of you to accede that the wins were deserved, fair play chap.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I don't understand. If you were to say the bloke that scored the winner, I might follow, although I'd add that a certain player that features prominently in that match report shouldn't have been on the pitch down these parts.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Similar to an article I wrote analysing the Newcastle home game in detail, and how Hughton made significant tactical errors (for your viewing pleasure here if you haven't read it yet or want to relive: https://www.northstandchat.com/cont...lost-the-backing-of-Bloom-BHAFC-1-1-Newcastle) I've written a piece surrounding one of the best and most memorable performances of last year, away at Crystal Palace.

You can read the piece HERE: https://www.northstandchat.com/cont...p-against-a-one-(2)-man-team-Palace-1-2-BHAFC

Top man. Again. And, I for one, am delighted to see that a certain manager isn't being forgotten. We can move on, while still recognising the qualities he brought to the club, and what he achieved :thumbsup:

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Threaded ? I thought Murray got on the end of a fairly agricultural hoof from one of our CB's, but I might be wrong.

The bloke who shouldn't have been on the pitch was the one who scored later on from 25 yards, if memory serves. But gracious of you to accede that the wins were deserved, fair play chap.

My memory might well have been somewhat clouded the next morning, but I do remember being drunkenly outraged at the complete injustice of something.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Nor should that wide eyed gravity whore in the Amex game. Or that **** PVA who jumped on the floor to get Duffy sent off. Swings & roundabouts...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My memory might well have been somewhat clouded the next morning, but I do remember being drunkenly outraged at the complete injustice of something.

Yeah Knocky probably should’ve seen red, but for balance Zaha should’ve been sent off in the return fixture for an equally disgraceful tackle.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Top quality, as are your reports. A fascinating incite of what goes on that you don't really appreciate when you're watching live, but to read about it with the analysis and graphics afterwards, makes it incredibly interesting.

Top man. Again. And, I for one, am delighted to see that a certain manager isn't being forgotten. We can move on, while still recognising the qualities he brought to the club, and what he achieved :thumbsup:

Thank you :thumbsup: More to come next season hopefully, taking a look at Graham Potter’s tactical tweaks - should be interesting!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Excellent work and analysis. Those of a myopic disposition towards Stephens will no doubt have stopped reading half way through. :lolol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Exactly. Quite happily appreciate and reflect on Hughton's great work at the club as well as moving on to a new chapter. No need to completely vilify the past or not be positive for the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here