Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Alastair Campbell expelled.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
In 2015, Andrew Fisher tweeted "If you live in Croydon South, vote with dignity, vote [MENTION=14160]cam[/MENTION]paignbeard", who was a Class War candidate opposing Labour. This wasn't even after the event as Campbell's was, this was in the run up to an election.

Andrew Fisher is Jeremy Corbyn's head of policy.

Sshh, that doesn’t fit the narrative.

Also intrigued to know what international crime Blair has allegedly broken...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It is actually the opposite.

Whenever Labour has a move to the left, it is the centre-left who cannot compromise their views, so flounce off to start the SDP, or Change UK or whatever else. Those who believe in the left, didn't jump ship when Blair revoked article 4, or took Labour down a path of soft-Toryism, they stayed with the party made their displeasure known with rebel votes and the such, but stayed loyal.

So we have a Labour that wants to embark on left of centre-left politics, and that's all it is, and it's hissy fits all round. Campbell has been an agitator since Corbyn was elected leader.

The problem isn't labour not wanting the centre-left, the problem is the centre-left don't want to go to bed without their safety blanket of the centre ground.

That's really not my experience of it at all. Labour pre-Corbyn was much less aggressive to those with differing views than the current Momentum led shambles.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Whenever Labour has a move to the left, it is the centre-left who cannot compromise their views, so flounce off to start the SDP, or Change UK or whatever else. Those who believe in the left, didn't jump ship when Blair revoked article 4, or took Labour down a path of soft-Toryism, they stayed with the party made their displeasure known with rebel votes and the such, but stayed loyal.

So we have a Labour that wants to embark on left of centre-left politics, and that's all it is, and it's hissy fits all round. Campbell has been an agitator since Corbyn was elected leader.

The problem isn't labour not wanting the centre-left, the problem is the centre-left don't want to go to bed without their safety blanket of the centre ground.
Spin it how you like, but the Labour party are not getting into government without the centre left moderates.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The purge of Labour of the exact type of voter they need to win continues. Green for me from now on

It's hilarious. Up until a few years ago, Labour were always on my radar as a party I would or at least would consider voting for. I wouldn't have dreamt of voting for the Green Party.

Now, the Green Party have stepped in the right direction as they've become more popular. Labour are becoming more of a joke party every day, completely moving away from the "undecided" voters (like me) they desperately need to have a chance of winning an election. I can't imagine voting for them.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Blair claims he acted on the facts available to him at the time, I believe him - you don't. That doesn't make me happy that so many people lost their lives. Nobody would be OK with that, well, maybe Saddam Hussein would?

So Blair had no knowledge of the sexing up of the "facts". Is that really what you are claiming?

Where is your sense of justice for the people who are really affected.

If we cannot hold our own leaders to account for bad behaviour we are morally bankrupt and we should not be surprised when extremists seek justice for themselves.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

Is Tom Watson part of a plot to get rid of Jeremy Corbyn?
https://twitter.com/bbc5live/status/1132973123756843008?s=19

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Spin it how you like, but the Labour party are not getting into government without the centre left moderates.

I agree, that is not what I am saying, they've not been forced out, they've left, or made their membership untenable. It's funny we call them 'moderates' but not moderate enough to tolerate politics a bit further to the left.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here