Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The Cocktail hard drive is burning rubber through my CD collection on it's own today as I'm decorating. Surely the most apposite track of the day, what with The Duke of Edinburgh's funeral. I bet he'd have chosen it himself if he knew it existed. Go nicely with the arrival of a purpose built hearse.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having watched the Paul Anka story on Sky Arts yesterday I was mightily impressed to find out that he wrote this song as a 15 year old. To do this in the mid 50s and get himself a recording contract is mind boggling to me. I was disappointed to also discover that he only wrote the English lyrics to My Way when I thought he actually wrote the song. The tune is a direct copy of the tune from a French song called Comme d’habitude which he bought the rights to. He wrote this for Sinatra after he’d gone for a meal with Sinatra and his then girlfriend Mia Farrow, to be told by Sinatra that he was about to retire. He’d joked with Sinatra that he’d write a song for him and this he saw as his last opportunity.

https://youtu.be/ar-zZ21iW9w

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Heard this on a radio show, and a little research taught me that this was the band of Danny Kortchmar - session guitarist extraordinaire - who played with loads of 70s artists, but, perhaps most notably, was on Carole King's Tapestry. Enjoyable track!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here