Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Players in your opinion will thrive under ' The magician ' Potter

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Andone. I think he has a lot to offer and in a more attacking team, we could see some great things from him.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
One thing I've realised from my Championship Manager days is if you have the right tactics then most signings are an improvement and you can topple some very good sides just by playing football.
Often a side in trouble will change manager and their is normally an instant boost in squad morale and performances so we could see several names push themselves into contention

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Considering we're going to attack a hell of a lot more than we're used to, it could end up being BOOM or BUST depending on how the players cope! Either way I guess we'll see a lot more entertaining matches, which was the whole point of the change right?

Can you imagine us attacking LESS?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Will flourish under Potter

Knocky
Bernardo
Solly
And one
Kayal
Connolly

Will perform just as well under Potter as under Hughton

Dunk
Duffy
Gross

Will play a few games but not set the world alight

Bissouma
Propper
Stephens
Ryan
Murray
Trossard
Gyokeres

Will hardly feature

Montoya
Bong
Clarke
Izquierdo
Ali J
Locadia
Hemed

We’ll also buy a couple more who will do ok.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Andone for me.

I can see a decent player in there. Reminds me a bit of Shane Long. Niggly worker of a player . He's made a decent career in the prem proving it isn't all about goals / games stats

AJ has to progress as there isn't a backwards.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Looks like we'll get some new tactics/formations to freshen us up and (hopefully) wrong foot the opposition.

As for players I'll pick just one: Solly March (if Potter does to Solly what he did to Daniel James) he'll be a £50m player in 12 months.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO Andone, Locadia, Propper Bissouma March and possibly later in the season Molumby will all thrive but cant see much game time for Knockaert. Kayal Hemed and Murray only from the bench.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Still too early to call. But given he’s into psychology and is GP, I still think we’ll settle on THE DOCTOR

Need more than the Doctor to increase the pace and technique of some players.

I think CH had Solly March and Bong underachieving, but most players CH had playing at their optimum. Just not that good!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Andone for me.

I can see a decent player in there. Reminds me a bit of Shane Long. Niggly worker of a player . He's made a decent career in the prem proving it isn't all about goals / games stats

AJ has to progress as there isn't a backwards.

Andone Needs to work on his discipline. Too easily wound up and bit stupid with responses. Apart from that, I like him a lot.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
How ANYONE thinks Locadia will come good I have no idea. The bloke has very little technical ability, although he does have a thunderous shot which I like very much.

He might be able to do the music for one of Potters plays for the community.

Because he has good movement in and around the box. Not that that's a quality we've liked to use as a team. After all, it took us 2-3 months to realise how to use Izzy 18 months ago.

And not that I necessarily think Locadia'll come good. But there's something there that could be brought out by a manager with a different playing style.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Looks like we'll get some new tactics/formations to freshen us up and (hopefully) wrong foot the opposition.

As for players I'll pick just one: Solly March (if Potter does to Solly what he did to Daniel James) he'll be a £50m player in 12 months.
Can you get a pace injection?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Can you get a pace injection?

EXactly, he will never be a fast as James, but March has an extra burner, he just doesn't use it. Secondly, he gets shepherded onto his weaker right foot, another opportunity for improvement, and thirdly Solly March could improve on his weaker right foot!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Because he has good movement in and around the box. Not that that's a quality we've liked to use as a team. After all, it took us 2-3 months to realise how to use Izzy 18 months ago.

And not that I necessarily think Locadia'll come good. But there's something there that could be brought out by a manager with a different playing style.

Locadia is the Albion/Dutch equivalent of Romelu Lukaku

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Will flourish under Potter

Knocky
Bernardo
Solly
And one
Kayal
Connolly

Will perform just as well under Potter as under Hughton

Dunk
Duffy
Gross

Will play a few games but not set the world alight

Bissouma
Propper
Stephens
Ryan
Murray
Trossard
Gyokeres

Will hardly feature

Montoya
Bong
Clarke
Izquierdo
Ali J
Locadia
Hemed

We’ll also buy a couple more who will do ok.

Who is going in Goal if Ryan is only playing a few games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here