Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 7 U23's players released, 5 offered new deals

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Really pleased for him.
Shame he has to move so far away.

Thinking about it, I wonder if Albion offered him a contract extension but he turned it down. The club's announcement on May 14 specifically stated:-

Meanwhile, Ben Barclay, Owen Moore, Joe Tomlinson, Josh Kerr, Ben Hall, Stefan Ljubicic and Billy Collings have not been offered new deals.

So that might be why Collar wasn't included in that list of names; he HAD been offered a new deal.

That would also explain why the club have announced he left "..on undisclosed terms." They would only be able to claim compensation for him if they had offered him a new deal on at least as good terms as his existing contract.

It's all conjecture, but if he did choose to move on from the black hole that is the Albion development squad, fair play to him.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Kept a couple of defenders, the curse of Hughton hasn't quite left us. First signing, defender.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Interesting that Kazukolovas and Shihab have signed on considering Kazukolovas's nightmare injury saga and Shihab's own lack of game time this season.

Kazukolovas' deal (a one-year scholarship followed by a two-year pro contract) was agreed before he suffered his unfortunate injury. I'm guessing Shihab signed a similar deal, not unusual given that he was a member of the England age squads during 2015-16 and 2016-17. I agree his lack of game time has been strange, as it wouldn't appear to be injury-related. A loan to Burgess Hill was actually agreed (and registered) on August 31 last year, I'm not sure why he never actually played for them.

Tareq Shihab, who has been a professional with Albion since the summer of 2018 and is still on the Albion's books (as per the February 2020 Premier League squad list), apparently now goes by the name "T Baby" and is "Dropping a song" next Thursday. :ohmy:

Shihab.jpg

In his Albion career, he has made the grand total of two unused substitute "appearances" for the U-23s.

Less than two years ago he was on the England U-17 teamsheet against Brazil.

Ultimate proof, I guess, that player development is an inexact science.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Tareq Shihab, who has been a professional with Albion since the summer of 2018 and is still on the Albion's books (as per the February 2020 Premier League squad list), apparently now goes by the name "T Baby" and is "Dropping a song" next Thursday. :ohmy:

View attachment 120175

In his Albion career, he has made the grand total of two unused substitute "appearances" for the U-23s.

Less than two years ago he was on the England U-17 teamsheet against Brazil.

Ultimate proof, I guess, that player development is an inexact science.

The music industry appears to be on the back-burner for Tariq at the moment, as he has committed to join the Men's Soccer program at Wake Forest (in North Carolina) - Men’s Soccer Adds Tareq Shihab to 2021 Signing Class

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Collar has just signed for Hamilton Academical (I was going to say he has joined former Albion scholar Hamish Morrison, but it would seem he was released by the Accies at the end of the season):-

[TWEET]1142122223668465665[/TWEET]

Will Collar was released by the Accies late on Monday evening, having scored one goal in 25 appearances:-

[TWEET]1356552418998292480[/TWEET]

I wonder if this was to free him up to join a football league club - Crawley Town?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Will Collar was released by the Accies late on Monday evening, having scored one goal in 25 appearances:-

I wonder if this was to free him up to join a football league club - Crawley Town?

Nominative determinism suggests he'd be a dream signing for the Met Police... :)

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Our win at Liverpool last night featured: Sanchez, White, Dunk, Alzate, March and Connolly all of whom came through the academy/development in one form or another.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Those were the days - White, Collar and Tighe in the same team:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here