Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He isn't one of our best players, not for me. Him and March are both players I'd look to replace. I'm happy with Murray, Andone and Locadia as strikers so I don't think we need to be spending too much money there, but if we can snap up a couple of wingers then by all means.

I'd be more than happy to see him stick around and play under a more attacking manager, he could be a revelation. But he's had two years to impress and has only done so in a handful of games in my opinion. We've probably had more stupid moments and strops than we've had genuinely good performances since we got promoted. We know he has issues, but I think it's only reasonable to keep defending him for so long.

Have you seen Locadia play? What justifies your faith in him?... was it his Millwall goal? I would say he has consistently not been good enough, although GP may just turn him around... who knows?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Gotta be honest CJ, I am shocked, yes, shocked, by your anti-club stance on Chris's (IMHO) justifiable axing... what gives? Have you fallen out of love with our CEO!?

I know. Who'd have thought it !!. Still not justified in my view. And it was (ultimately) a Bloom decision...
Respect for Barber still intact.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Wow. We're of a vastly different opinion. I'd be happy if Andone and Locadia never play for us again, and I'd be surprised if they play 20 full games between them this year. Unless Potter is a genus.
Wasn't Duffy your 4th choice centre back or have I misremembered?

I can understand the criticism of Locadia, although his few goals all mattered for us in the Premier League last season - winner against Everton and an equaliser against Arsenal. Crucial goals, and if he'd played through the middle more often I think he'd have scored even more goals for us. I think he's a very simple footballer, give him a chance in the box and he'll score a goal. I don't see a problem with that! Andone is a very good player, just a bit prone to the red mist and an injury.

You've rolled the clock back there, when we first signed Duffy I didn't see the need to put a blocker in place of Goldson and we had Hünemeier - obviously he's done his talking on the pitch and nobody is suggesting he shouldn't be first choice anymore.

We are probably in the minority I agree about March his end product is frustrating as hell. Maybe GP can solve that who knows.

Only marginally worse than Knockaert last season in terms of numbers, 1 goal and 5 assists in the Premier League. Knockaert only managed 2 goals and 6 assists, not that much better in truth.

Have you seen Locadia play? What justifies your faith in him?... was it his Millwall goal? I would say he has consistently not been good enough, although GP may just turn him around... who knows?

I'm a season ticket holder, so yes, thank you, I have. He scores goals when he gets a chance in the box. The man is a finisher, he just needs to spend more time up front and less time on the wing. He's not a good left winger, but he could be a very good number 9.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I have and I like what I see when he is used as an attacking player, even an out of position one. Seems he knows where the goal is better than anyone other than Murray. Anyway, like all these players we’ll see.

There are clearly better attacking players in defence than him though.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
This isn't true. Nearly all of Albion's signings (bar goalkeepers) since getting promoted have made appearances within days or weeks of being signed or being signed/being fit.
Ryan, Propper, Gross, Izquierdo, Suttner, Locadia, Bernardo, Bissouma, Andone, Al J all did - with most having long runs in the 18 or the 11.
Burn and Balogun took longer kept out by Dunk/Duffy and Schelotto likewise. And Button/Krul/Steele did for obvious reasons.

Who didn't ?

I think most people are referring to the fact that Ali J's first start was West Ham at home. And I agree, most people did get minutes right after they signed. It was just a while before Chris felt they were reliable enough to be started. Which is fine, but it frustrated a lot of people who want to see record-breaking signings who come in with fanfare have an impact right from the off.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I know. Who'd have thought it !!. Still not justified in my view. And it was (ultimately) a Bloom decision...

Oh, that's a relief! :)

I'm still respecting Tony...

I was also shocked by Chris's P45 initially, but the more I think about it, the more I think my beloved Chairman had no choice...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I can understand the criticism of Locadia, although his few goals all mattered for us in the Premier League last season - winner against Everton and an equaliser against Arsenal. Crucial goals, and if he'd played through the middle more often I think he'd have scored even more goals for us. I think he's a very simple footballer, give him a chance in the box and he'll score a goal. I don't see a problem with that! Andone is a very good player, just a bit prone to the red mist and an injury.

You've rolled the clock back there, when we first signed Duffy I didn't see the need to put a blocker in place of Goldson and we had Hünemeier - obviously he's done his talking on the pitch and nobody is suggesting he shouldn't be first choice anymore.

Only marginally worse than Knockaert last season in terms of numbers, 1 goal and 5 assists in the Premier League. Knockaert only managed 2 goals and 6 assists, not that much better in truth.

I'm a season ticket holder, so yes, thank you, I have. He scores goals when he gets a chance in the box. The man is a finisher, he just needs to spend more time up front and less time on the wing. He's not a good left winger, but he could be a very good number 9.

Yes, good point... CH definitely played him (and a few others) out of position / failed to play to his (and others) strengths...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I think most people are referring to the fact that Ali J's first start was West Ham at home. And I agree, most people did get minutes right after they signed. It was just a while before Chris felt they were reliable enough to be started. Which is fine, but it frustrated a lot of people who want to see record-breaking signings who come in with fanfare have an impact right from the off.

Is it just Ali J or record signings or all signings or starts or minutes, or being in the 11 or 18 ?
I think thats the thing. Ali J (but not Bernardo, Ryan, Bissouma, Gross, Propper, or Izquierdo) taking a while to start a game (even though he'd come on as sub in his first 5 out of 6 games) then becomes "Hughton never played new signings" or "he held them back" . Did he ? or is it , as ever, a lot more complicated and the actual stats don't hold up.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I have and I like what I see when he is used as an attacking player, even an out of position one. Seems he knows where the goal is better than anyone other than Murray. Anyway, like all these players we’ll see.

There are clearly better attacking players in defence than him though.

LoL! :)... I love that last bit... there are, indeed, "better attacking players in defense than him"... my POV is strikers should primarily score goals (old fashioned, I know)... I'm not sure Chris agreed...

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
He isn't one of our best players, not for me. Him and March are both players I'd look to replace. I'm happy with Murray, Andone and Locadia as strikers so I don't think we need to be spending too much money there, but if we can snap up a couple of wingers then by all means.

In this scenario I'd say we're dooooooooooomed

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
We’ve got Trosaard
Leandro Trossard
Just don’t think you understand
Signed him from Genk, don’t ask what we spent
We’ve got Leandro Trossard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
I'm sure I've read Solly saying he prefers it on the right so he can cut in and score all those goals he very rarely does. He's been pretty effective on the right with assists though.

Wondering the viability of 3-5-2
With Bernardo sitting as LCD and match as left wing back, with a LCM in and out of the channels ?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Baldock started on the right wing for us to begin with.
How did he get on in the end ?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Mostly injured then sold...

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

!

I'd be more than happy to see him stick around and play under a more attacking manager, he could be a revelation. But he's had two years to impress and has only done so in a handful of games in my opinion. We've probably had more stupid moments and strops than we've had genuinely good performances since we got promoted. We know he has issues, but I think it's only reasonable to keep defending him for so long.

Really!!!?? - happy with Murray, Andone and Locadia!!!! - I hope we add at least 2 new strikers otherwise with those 3 we’re going down big time

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Not convinced we are in for him unless Seagullwedgee confirms it.

phoenix

May 18, 2009

But he (bloom) doesn't have to justify it does he? Who are you ? another nobody like the rest of us supporters. Sorry, not trying to be rude ! But its all over Chris has gone.

It really is time to move on.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
But he (bloom) doesn't have to justify it does he? Who are you ? another nobody like the rest of us supporters. Sorry, not trying to be rude ! But its all over Chris has gone.

It really is time to move on.
You tell him you old tart. Hughton is in the past now. Move forward.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here