Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Clarke- Portsmouth defender **SIGNED and LOANED to DERBY**

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
3 of those we were in L1/L2 and the other the championship, so clearly not what I was saying.
I would be surprised if we buy L1 players and expect then to jump straight into the 1st team in the premier league.

I'd be flabbergasted if we bought ,League One players and pushed them straight into the Premier League. Certianly Chris Hughton would never have done it, Graham Potter's way of going about things may be rather different, but l doubt that he would go that far. Squad place yes, starting place no.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
What are the odds on him being announced wearing the new shirt

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
What I like about Matt Clarke is he looks great with the ball at his feet. Will still be only 22 when the seaon kicks off and has won 2 player of the season awards in a row.

This was the supporters clubs votes for this season.

The News/Sports Mail Matt Clarke
Northern Blues Matt Clarke
Isle of Wight Supporters' Club Matt Clarke
Stateside Pompey Matt Clarke
Scandinavian Supporters' Club Matt Clarke
South Wales Supporters' Club Matt Clarke
Chichester Supporters' Club Matt Clarke
Central Branch Supporters' Club Matt Clarke
London Supporters' Club Matt Clarke
South West Supporters' Club Matt Clarke
Clan Pompey Matt Clarke
Armed Forces Supporters' Club Matt Clarke
Disabled Supporters' Club Matt Clarke

Any lower league signing a risk but ticks boxes.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I'd be flabbergasted if we bought ,League One players and pushed them straight into the Premier League. Certianly Chris Hughton would never have done it, Graham Potter's way of going about things may be rather different, but l doubt that he would go that far. Squad place yes, starting place no.
I totally agree but people are suggesting this is a replacement for Dunk. No way Jose.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Did they release a statement? I must have missed that?

I hadn't seen that article. Hope so.

I saw an instagram post from Brighton's official account - a picture of Dunk with the caption along the lines "Is this the man to lead Brighton into a 3rd season in the Prem?"

Not conclusive proof that he's staying, but a daft thing to do if it looked possible/likely he was going.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
There is a chance that the announcement is Dunk's yearly 5 year contract. Unlikely but possible.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So we will have. Balogun, dunk, Duffy, big Dan, Ben white and this Pompey guy as centre Backs!

They can’t all play so I assume one or more is on the way out

Dunk to arsenal and Duffy to villa. Balogun back to Germany leaves us a bit short...we need more defenders!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here