Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
"(former) Peterhead player Kyle Macauley, who joins Albion as assistant head of recruitment, reporting to Paul Winstanley."

Is it only me who can see that structure as having a bit of potential tension in it?

Potter's man reports upwards to someone Potter has inherited from the previous Management structure.

Hmm??

Winstanley won't last. He'll reach a 'settlement' with us soon no doubt

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Based on what :lolol:

His 2 sentences?

The way he held the shirt?

It's a first impression, if you want a basis here it goes, unproven at this level, had no real pressure to deal with at his previous two clubs, time will tell if he is any good or not.

It's not my reputation or money so I'm happy. :wink:

Oh, and the way he held the Shirt. :rolleyes:

Large.jpg

Ridiculous, and he didn't even bring his wand. :shrug:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I reckon that if Potter wasn't available we would have kept Hughton until the next manager with long term potential came along.

I don't believe for a minute that there was a list let alone with anyone on it.
They said in the press conference that we've been watching Potter for 4 years. I expect we're constantly watching a lot of players and managers, and there would indeed have been a list.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
They said in the press conference that we've been watching Potter for 4 years. I expect we're constantly watching a lot of players and managers, and there would indeed have been a list.

4 years is lame when the first movie came out 18 YEARS AGO...

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Let's hope the opening player discussion doesn't go along the lines of " we've got these two expensive turds from Holland that will require some serious polishing as we cannot afford to offload at a loss ".

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

But only one manager who was worth the gamble of losing Hughton. It had to be a manager with a whole system, that is tried and tested, from youth to senior, and which can be implemented immediately.

It isn't just about a manager with Potter and it had to be someone special to remove Hughton. That's my view.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Seems to me that we've bagged another good'un.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
[TWEET]1130501166213808128[/TWEET]

albionite

May 20, 2009
Swansea fans are incredibly delusional. They really believe he went for money.

Not the PL football, better facilities, better stadium, better squad, nicer area, more resources...

Not sure that they are delusional, just pissed of we have stolen their manager, same as we were when reading came in for coppell

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I have just read the HYS under the BBC article. I know I shouldn't, it is depressing, Not because of what they are saying "hope they get relegated", "why replace Houghton" (yes spelt wrong) but that every time I read these posts on any articles I realise how depressingly thick and bitter a portion of the population is.

To me a clever person is someone who realises they don't know everything. A thick person is too thick to realise they don't know everything and spouts rubbish as fact.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Welcome aboard Graham... next up Danny J and Oli McB! :)

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
It's a first impression, if you want a basis here it goes, unproven at this level, had no real pressure to deal with at his previous two clubs, time will tell if he is any good or not.

It's not my reputation or money so I'm happy. :wink:

Oh, and the way he held the Shirt. :rolleyes:

View attachment 109921

Ridiculous, and he didn't even bring his wand. :shrug:

did harry show the back of that shirt...top to bottom stripes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here