Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I understand what you're saying, and likewise with [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] - it's a fair comment. Personally I feel Hughton did give those players a go particularly post December when we were all but safe AND he changed the system to make us more attacking. It was a complete failure. Why? You say tactics, I say players. The truth probably lies somewhere in between.

Not sure it was a complete failure, maybe we just didn’t give it time for everyone to take on board and adjust to the the new tactics. The first halves against West Ham and Fulham were thrilling but in the the comebacks from both teams, just about everything they hit went in the back of the net. I doubt it would have carried on like that. I really wish CH had persevered and believed as I think he’d still be in a job and we’d be looking at a season that was an improvement on the last one. The inbuilt fear of losing took over again and the end result was just as bad as if we’d carried playing that way imo. I believe we’d have picked up points along the way although we may have had some heavy defeats as well. Who knows but he’d definitely have kept my support, which went after the Bournemouth game.

Last edited:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
had a quick look at Swansea's recent games

away form is appalling

at QPR last month 72% possession but lost 4-0

hope it's not all that tippy tappy shit at the back

that will not work in the premier league

Won 10 drew 5 lost 7 in league since turn of year and 3 games cup wins and a very good performance where they were robbed v city doesn’t suggest they have been that bad. 50% win ratio across all competitions

Anyone who watched them v Norwich whet they lost 1-0 at Carrow road in March will also know how lucky Norwich were that day to get anything and the Norwich manager made it clear it was the hardest game they had all year.

Also it’s defiantly not tippy tappy shit but does involve winning the ball back as early as possible. No idea if it will work mind with our players but either way it won’t be boring

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Correct and small ones at that

Unlike our magnificent colossi. And by playing Dunk in a back 3 would encourage him to bring the ball out of defence more often.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Swansea challenged for play offs with essentially their u23 team this season, their owners having sold basically all of their players and given no budget to sign new ones. They absolutely love Potter over there and are very worried about the prospect of him leaving. This, plus his Ostersunds campaign... I think this is a fantastic choice if he's our man. I think he'll make a huge difference to our young players, I can see Connolly for example thriving under his management. I think players like Jahanbakhsh will start to show their worth too. Really hope it comes off now.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Won 10 drew 5 lost 7 in league since turn of year and 3 games cup wins and a very good performance where they were robbed v city doesn’t suggest they have been that bad. 50% win ratio across all competitions

Anyone who watched them v Norwich whet they lost 1-0 at Carrow road in March will also know how lucky Norwich were that day to get anything and the Norwich manager made it clear it was the hardest game they had all year.

Also it’s defiantly not tippy tappy shit but does involve winning the ball back as early as possible. No idea if it will work mind with our players but either way it won’t be boring

4 of them being

Rotherham,Ipswich Stoke (9 men),Bolton (9 men)

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
It would be refreshing at this very early stage in our potential relationship with Mr Potter if NSCers could keep an open mind rather than desperately search for evidence that supports their pre-conceived prejudice, one way or the other.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It would be refreshing at this very early stage in our potential relationship with Mr Potter if NSCers could keep an open mind rather than desperately search for evidence that supports their pre-conceived prejudice, one way or the other.

:lolol:

I admire your optimism but...........

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Come now, where’s the fun in that??

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The Beeb are saying Swansea have rejected an approach. Doesn't that mean he's not allowed to have an interview until they agree to one?

Of course they have. I would too if I was them. That said...if I was from Swansea I'd be chewing a revolver.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here